Common Femoral Artery and Iliac angiogram & angioplasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryP

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi

I wonder if anyone else in this forum has had ongoing issues from a Common Femoral Artery and Iliac angiogram & angioplasty.

I had both legs done in April of last year (10 months ago) and whilst the right leg seems to be 99% ok the left one isn’t. I seem to get pain and sensations around the puncture wound and then down into the leg. This can be in the form of aching, tingling and a sensation of wet although I do not have any pulsing sensations or bruising (so I guess I am not bleeding out internally). I also check my leg to see if I have ‘dribbled’ but the skin on my leg is dry. It’s also uncomfortable to walk but mostly it seems to be when I am in a compressed position (i.e. squatting or bending in an awkward position in the garden)

I had a follow up meeting with my Consultant in October of last year and he put me on a waiting list for a CT Angiogram, however the waiting list is 7 months so that takes me to May of this year until I get the scan done. So, I am in a bit of a bind as to what to do…. I have a scan booked but this seems to be getting worse/more frequent and it’s filling my ‘worry box’ up.

So, if there is anyone who has been through similar then any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back