coming in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOOOPS!!!!! Sorry Northe - i hadnt spotted this one.🙂Bev

This would maybe sway me to have a pump. Would need to see it in action firth though as still not sure. Bev i'm going on the dafne course, after carb counting 25 years ago when diagnosed then been told in the 90's it the old fashion way, gonna give it a go again. But wanted to say to u at my dafne assessment they gave me a ketone blood testing machine!!! Feeling bang up to date now. The nurse said alot of the gadget i was using are dated. But they work for me at the moment. Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff at Dafne. x x

😱 i want one of those 😱

though i;d be scared of leaving the pda behind 😱

This would maybe sway me to have a pump. Would need to see it in action firth though as still not sure. Bev i'm going on the dafne course, after carb counting 25 years ago when diagnosed then been told in the 90's it the old fashion way, gonna give it a go again. But wanted to say to u at my dafne assessment they gave me a ketone blood testing machine!!! Feeling bang up to date now. The nurse said alot of the gadget i was using are dated. But they work for me at the moment. Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff at Dafne. x x

Hi Smit, thats brilliant! It does seem that carb counting has been in and out of fashion for years doesnt it? As its the only way we have been taught (diagnosed 1 year ago) i think i would struggle to try any other way. Its funny what you get used to isnt it. Great about getting the ketone meter too - you wont know yourself with all these new gadgets! I would love Alex to go on a childrens carb counting course - but they are as rare as hens teeth. When you have been on DAFNE - come and tell us what things you have learnt - it will be great to know if we are missing anything obvious.🙂Bev

I know its crazy how it has changed o0ver the years and now i'm going back to where i started. I was diagnosed at 3, so my parents took control of it and taught me as much as they could back then. But i think this will be good for me to learn the basic for myself. 25 years in and still going well, and i have my parents to thank for that. I know if this website had been around 25 years ago my Mum and Dad would have been on here. Its a great place.

I go on DAFNE on the 25th, so i'll update how i get on.

Lisa x 🙂

😱 i want one of those 😱

though i;d be scared of leaving the pda behind 😱

Yes, I was wondering if there was some form of alarm in case you went out of range?

The other risk is trying to answer the controller instead of your phone 🙄

I wonder if there will be a wi-fi version so you can browse the web and do email?

i like the theory a lot but i don't particularly like the bulky design of it; i'm not one to wear tight fitting clothes but i'm fairly sure you'd be able to see the bulge of that under my tshirt.

but hey, if jonass has one...

i like the theory a lot but i don't particularly like the bulky design of it; i'm not one to wear tight fitting clothes but i'm fairly sure you'd be able to see the bulge of that under my tshirt.

but hey, if jonass has one...

Didn't I see him wearing it on his arm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back