College Interview tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estellaa

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have my college interview tomorrow and i'm really nervous, i have to do some tests like induction tests and i know what i'm like when i get nervous i go low and knowing my luck that will happen.
So yeh, im worried i will go low or even my sugars go high so i become really hyper and aggressive at people.
oh the fun.

ahhhh, help.

I have my college interview tomorrow and i'm really nervous, i have to do some tests like induction tests and i know what i'm like when i get nervous i go low and knowing my luck that will happen.
So yeh, im worried i will go low or even my sugars go high so i become really hyper and aggressive at people.
oh the fun.

ahhhh, help.

Hey, try not to stress about it. Test yourself half an hour before and make sure you are at a level you are happy with or take some extra carbs (not too many!). I hope that it goes well 🙂 Don't be afraid to let them know about your diabetes - you need to make sure you are OK, and they should certainly not count it against you.

Good luck! Try to keep the levels under control.

Do not frustrated over sudden changes, it is your body's natural reaction.

Keep a fast carb with you as a backup.

Keep calm and ensure that they're aware. I'm sure you'll be fine!

Gd luck

Good luck, relax and you will pass the test with ease.

Hi - sorry if I have missed you and am too late, but hope all goes well. Let us know how you get on. Good luck.

Good luck hope all goes well Estellaa

Hey thanks for your messages, i enrolled today so i am in the college.
They were fine about my diabetes although the teacher lady didn't seem to sure about me carrying around my insulin but i didn't ask her just left it, after all it is my choice what i do with it.
I have an induction day next monday then i start the two year course the monday after that :D
xxx

Fantastic news Estella - how exciting.
Glad you have the diabetes bit sorted too.

Hey thanks for your messages, i enrolled today so i am in the college.
They were fine about my diabetes although the teacher lady didn't seem to sure about me carrying around my insulin but i didn't ask her just left it, after all it is my choice what i do with it.
I have an induction day next monday then i start the two year course the monday after that :D
xxx

wonder why the teacher was weird with it, this insulin is your lifesaver,its a pen at the end of the day.

Congratulations!

wonder why the teacher was weird with it, this insulin is your lifesaver,its a pen at the end of the day.

Agreed insulin is a lifesaver, but apart from long acting insulin (usually outside normal college hours) you only need it when eating, so it doesn't need to be on your person, unlike source of sugar to treat hypoglycaemia. So, leaving insulin kit in a locker or a bag, for example, might be fine.

Congratulations Estellaa - when does your course start, and what will you be doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back