Cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathy s

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My blood sugars are reasonably controlled by diet and 1 tablet
But my feet and fingers get cold quickly and my toes quite often take ages to get warm again. Is this a diabetic thing, circulation? Anything I can do other than thick socks and gloves!!

My blood sugars are reasonably controlled by diet and 1 tablet
But my feet and fingers get cold quickly and my toes quite often take ages to get warm again. Is this a diabetic thing, circulation? Anything I can do other than thick socks and gloves!!
Likewise, my feet and hands are always cold, I have just bought some thermal socks which have helped my feet also wearing leg warmers, not very fashionable though. I find it hard to wear gloves as I'm always using my hands.
I started feeling the cold when I started taking blood pressure medication which was before my diabetes diagnosis which is dietary managed.

Likewise, my feet and hands are always cold, I have just bought some thermal socks which have helped my feet also wearing leg warmers, not very fashionable though. I find it hard to wear gloves as I'm always using my hands.
I started feeling the cold when I started taking blood pressure medication which was before my diabetes diagnosis which is dietary managed.
I need to replace some of my thermal socks. I can't fing a pair of gloves ( need childrens size) that keep me warm when walking the dog, my fingers get quite painful.

My thyroid failed and the most vivid memory I have is after taking the first few tablets of Thyroxine was the sensation of warmth in my hands and feet.
I wear sandals year round now and am often asked if my feet aren't cold - no, I hardly notice even if there is a frost. I do now live on the South coast and I was brought up in South Yorkshire which could have something to do with it.
Since stopping the high carb diet and going for more meat etc. my need for supplementary thyroid hormones has reduced.

I need to replace some of my thermal socks. I can't fing a pair of gloves ( need childrens size) that keep me warm when walking the dog, my fingers get quite painful.
Amazon have some Thinsulate FIORETTO gloves in xs which may be small enough for you. Nice bright colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back