Cold Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironmike

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am type 2 diabetic and doing fine in general but over the last couple of days my feet have felt cold all the time,it is something I have never experienced before is this linked to my condition.

it could well be maybe mention it to your gp/dsn. Im sure someone else will be along to answer soon
gail

I'd agree with Gail.

Always worth checking. Even if it's nothing it'll settle your mind!

Take care our kid.

mention it to your doctor or DSN, although it could be the weather is turning colder.

You might find a couple of pairs of thin socks helps more than one thick pair, and if your feet are cold in bed it might pay you to invest in two or three pairs of bed socks and see what happens.

Hi Mike, I've always suffered from cold feet - long before diabetes - but I did find in the first year after diagnosis I was suffering more than usual. I actually ended up with chilblains in the first winter after diagnosis, which I hadn't had in my previous 50 years 😱

Certainly worth getting your circulation checked by the doctor or podiatrist. Apparently mine is OK but it still doesn't stop me from getting cold feet, especially at night!

Hi The podiatrist commented on how cold my feet are but at same consultation said that I had absolutle no diabetes circulation problems with my feet even though my feet sometimes feel freezing

I have always had really cold feet - especially at night. I mentioned it to the podiatrist last time I saw him, and he said it is probably linked to my diabetes (apparently this is quite common) - but I so far have no neuropathy, etc, and he's quite happy with my feet, so said it's nothing to worry about.

I'd say best to check with your DSN/podiatrist anyway, just to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back