Cold Feet ? Literally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffyboyslim

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Chiropodist yesterday said my feet were fine but very cold

She said she recommends chill Blain cream ?

I have never heard of it , is it like deep heat ?

I used this last winter. My feet have always been cold but hours of watching my dear son going round a race track on his go kart was a killer. It’s worked pretty well along with these little heat pads you can buy to stick in your socks. My top tip is always make sure your toes have plenty of wriggle room in your shoes

Attachments

• F7A7360E-4222-42FA-8112-007A0E0113B1.png
    F7A7360E-4222-42FA-8112-007A0E0113B1.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 4
I used this last winter. My feet have always been cold but hours of watching my dear son going round a race track on his go kart was a killer. It’s worked pretty well along with these little heat pads you can buy to stick in your socks. My top tip is always make sure your toes have plenty of wriggle room in your shoes
Thanks I will chat to my pharmacist

chilblain
/ˈtʃɪlbleɪn/

noun
  1. a painful, itching swelling on a hand or foot, caused by poor circulation in the skin when exposed to cold.

I wouldn't worry too much, its winter! Many people have cold feet even non diabetics, after all its the extremity furthest from the heart. My daughter always has cold feet, even in summer! I find two pairs of socks work well for me if they get cold, just thin socks can be warmer than one thick pair, although I realise for ladies it may be impractical sometimes, say in a smartly dressed work situation, thicker tights?

Chiropodist yesterday said my feet were fine but very cold

She said she recommends chill Blain cream ?

I have never heard of it , is it like deep heat ?
Have you had your thyroid checked?
One of the things I really noticed when I was eventually diagnosed and given Thyroxine was the sensation of warmth in my hands and feet, just as though they were in warm water.
These days I wear sandals year round and people often ask if my feet don't get cold - no they don't.

Have you had your thyroid checked?
One of the things I really noticed when I was eventually diagnosed and given Thyroxine was the sensation of warmth in my hands and feet, just as though they were in warm water.
These days I wear sandals year round and people often ask if my feet don't get cold - no they don't.
Yes

I have been given sudafed

That’s a barrier cream. We used to use it for nappy changes!

I wonder why you were given that?

That’s a barrier cream. We used to use it for nappy changes!

I wonder why you were given that?
From this website "Therapeutic indications
In the treatment of:

1. Napkin rash

2. Eczema

3. Bedsores

4. Acne

5. Minor burns

6. Surface wounds

7. Sunburn

8. Chilblains"

Lots of uses for barrier creams! As you correctly identified, it is more commonly preferred as a routine cream for nappy changes nowadays, for a child who already has nappy rash we tend to recommend metanium or bepanthen to treat it, and return to a barrier type cream once healed.

I guess for chilblains the aim is to sooth the skin, prevent the skin being damaged further by reducing moisture exchange (e.g. when washing hands if they are on the hands) and prevent infection (as sudocrem has a mild antiseptic effect).

From this website "Therapeutic indications
In the treatment of:

1. Napkin rash

2. Eczema

3. Bedsores

4. Acne

5. Minor burns

6. Surface wounds

7. Sunburn

8. Chilblains"

Lots of uses for barrier creams! As you correctly identified, it is more commonly preferred as a routine cream for nappy changes nowadays, for a child who already has nappy rash we tend to recommend metanium or bepanthen to treat it, and return to a barrier type cream once healed.

I guess for chilblains the aim is to sooth the skin, prevent the skin being damaged further by reducing moisture exchange (e.g. when washing hands if they are on the hands) and prevent infection (as sudocrem has a mild antiseptic effect).
I want it to warm up my feet

I want it to warm up my feet
I suspect that the massaging will be the source of the greatest benefit.
The nursing side of my family were great believers in the efficacy of massage to get blood to flow freely in arms and legs and I have used it to help with my feet after my lower legs and feet became very swollen. Now that I continue to massage daily my feet are actually smaller than before I had the jab!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back