Coffee and cake ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pony1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I’ve recently been put on medication for my type 2 diabetes after being diagnosed late last year. I’m taking my mam for coffee,cake and a catchup tomorrow and am very confused. I haven’t seen a dietitian yet as unfortunately I was diagnosed with cancer at the same time as finding out I was diabetic, so if I go to the “dark side “ what sweet treats would be better than others? I’ve more or less cut out all biscuits,cake and sweets but feel so guilty having one biscuit a week , any advice very welcome x

Hi there, sorry to hear what a tough time you have been through. Hope your doing ok now. Eclairs are supposed to be kinder than most other cakes/pastries. I haven’t tried it myself but I believe others have with satisfactory results. Main thing is enjoy your catch up :D

I'm personally very fond of a choc eclair. Chocolate and fresh cream. Together = luxurious - even though they're only just over £1 for four at most supermarkets, there's only a few grams of carb in that amount of it and a few more in the chocolate - and makes me feel I have had a treat, which is what matters to me!

I'm personally very fond of a choc eclair. Chocolate and fresh cream. Together = luxurious - even though they're only just over £1 for four at most supermarkets, there's only a few grams of carb in that amount of it and a few more in the chocolate - and makes me feel I have had a treat, which is what matters to me!
When I was in hospital I opted for one as a pudding but had to scrape off some of the chocolate as it was too sweet.
Profiteroles as a desert in a restaurant are not a bad option if available.

In coffee places, you sometimes get those choux buns, plus size profiteroles! cut in half and again filled with fresh cream. I know what you mean about the choc - when it's good it's very very good but when it's bad, it's horrid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back