Coconut Oil for Feet. . . .!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpb353

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi. Had my first Diabetes appointment where the Nurse made sure I was aware of the care I need to take in regards to my feet. She said I should moisturise my feet and has suggested Coconut Oil as a good thing to use. Anyone ever heard of doing this before?

To be fair, I've used it on my feet (and up to my knees as instructed) and aside from smelling like a Bounty Bar it has made them feel pretty good. . .

Anyone else been advised of this, or are doing the same?

You can also get a cosmetic, adulterated coconut oil spray. It’s not as oily as the pure coconut oil and is good if you’re in a rush.

I use this one by Palmers:

https://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Body-Care/Body-Oils/Palmer's-Coconut-Oil-Body-Oil-150ml/p/535902

They also make a good, thick balm that, again, is ideal for feet and hands and elbows. I put it on before bed so t can soak in overnight. This one smells of cocoa butter (ie chocolatey for that full Bounty experience :D ) and I really like it:

https://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Body...-Formula-Original-Solid-Formula-100g/p/379149

When I was a teenager we’d all use coconut oil instead of sunscreen - 5 teenagers frying themselves on the beach. Those were the days!
I just use plain old moisturiser on my feet - Neutrogena or Vaseline Intensive Care. 🙂

I use coconut body butter on my body but I have very dry skin on my hands and feet and having tried everything, Margaret Dabbs Foot Hygiene cream, which is a mixture of Emu oil and natural antifungals and antibacterials, works streets ahead of anything else for my feet and hands. Expensive but a 150ml pot lasts me nearly a year so works out pretty economical and it smells lovely too. No good if you are vegan though.

When I worked for Allied Lyons I had access to all sorts of novel items - at least they were unusual back in the 1970s, and I used to use coconut oil on my skin and hair all the time. We were brought samples of all the ingredients - usually a jug full, so I used to take home anything useful after testing - it couldn't be returned to the factory floor.

When I worked for Allied Lyons I had access to all sorts of novel items - at least they were unusual back in the 1970s, and I used to use coconut oil on my skin and hair all the time. We were brought samples of all the ingredients - usually a jug full, so I used to take home anything useful after testing - it couldn't be returned to the factory floor.
I used to work for a paper and packaging research association and we used to get given the stuff that they had been testing the outer cartons for strength so used to come home with very random things, beer, instant whip, soups, detergent are ones I remember.

I use coconut oil for frying but one tub that I bought was too coconutty for my husband's roast potatoes! so I used it a hand and foot cream it works really well

be careful its makes feet slippery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back