Cobbywobbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnarob

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
A friend of a friend has just died suddenly from a suspected heart attack in her mid 50's - she was a diabetic. This has made me feel really scared, although it's made me all the more determined to get my act together, eat healthily and get more exercise.

Generally speaking, I need to here some positive stories from people who are living a healthy life and maybe have improved their health with this diagnosis?

Donna x

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

It is brilliant you want to improve things for yourself, the better control we have the less likely we are to have any complications. In working towards better control you are doing all the right things, and your diet and fitness levels have improved and will continue to improve.

Hi Donna.

Diabetes can increase your risk of heart of renal problems but if managed reasonably (ie, not ignored) you are unlikely to suffer any major complications unless there are other medical conditions at play.

If you adjust your lifestyle to a healthy one and follow the guidelines with some enthusiasm, you'll live a full and healthy life.

There can be a lot of other problems that combine to cause early death but the diabetes tends to be the one that stands out and takes the blame.

Worrying is one of the worst things for health. Try to see it as an early warning that things weren't perfect and you should be fine. 🙂

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back