Co-trimoxazole

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Has anybody been on these? On a three week course as due to an admin error the first course was only w week long.

They are giving me a muggy headache which made today's physio a struggle. In addition they seem dehydrating causing the worst constipation since I was on iron tablets. My BGs are also all over the place.

I just hope they clear the nasty bacterial infections in my foot!

Has anybody been on these? On a three week course as due to an admin error the first course was only w week long.

They are giving me a muggy headache which made today's physio a struggle. In addition they seem dehydrating causing the worst constipation since I was on iron tablets. My BGs are also all over the place.

I just hope they clear the nasty bacterial infections in my foot!
It seems a odd medication as it's primary use is for respiratory infection. It does say you should drink plenty of water as it can have a dehydrating effect which could be why you have the headache.
As you have to be on it for some weeks I should tell whoever prescribed it about the side effects if it continues to cause issues.

I did last week when it was restarted as originally I had a one week course instead of three due to a clerical area. The response was "take it with food" which makes no difference. It was recommended based on the swab results by the hospital microbiologist. Just hope with the underlying PAD and poor circulation they are actually hitting the spot!

I stopped this on Monday after increasingly severe side effects including muggy head, headache, silent migraines , lightheadedness, some dizziness, vertigo, nausea and even vomiting. The next day I had the silent migraine, nausea and some vomiting. but on the second day none although I felt absolutely exhausted. By the third day I was nearly back to normal and on the fourth pretty good, and wondering if they had cause my fall. I managed to contact my consultant who said not to take then again and prescribed two new ones which I will post about once I look up their name. It's funny when you are not feeling right how you let things slide, and I am now busy tidying and cleaning between other things.

I managed to contact my consultant who said not to take then again and prescribed two new ones which I will post about once I look up their name.

Glad you were able to get a steer from your consultant @MikeyBikey

Hope the new meds are a significant improvement, and clear up the infection speedily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back