Closed loops and water parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello, I'm at Center Parcs . I started closed looping with the 780g 2 weeks ago. Can I ask how other people cope with e.g 2 hours disconnected from pump? I've been told to suspend delivery but it doesn't deliver the missed basal on reconnect, does it? In manual mode after swimming I would deliver the bolus that had been missed (minus a bit) to prevent later highs. You can't do this in smart guard mode. So I just ended up with a high that took ages to come down. Should I tell it fake carbs to get to roughly the amount of insulin required to make up for the disconnected time?

Just do the relevant correction dose for how high you are and let it continue as normal. If you put in fake carbs you are likely to go low, we were told.

Hi @Pigeon
By suspending delivery you are letting the system know that no basal is going in for a period of time. Always a good plan. It will then sort out corrections more quickly when you resume basal. If you don’t do this it will think that the insulin delivered into air is active inside you. The only time that I don’t do the suspend us for a quick shower.

The time I lie about carbs is if I am doing an extended period of activity. A day of walking. I then reduce the carbs I go by about 50%, which seems to work most if the time. This is along with a temp target.

I hope you have fun.

Thanks both, will give it another go today. May even try to remember to silence the alarm of sensor out of range today- think it's been warbling away in a locker each day so far!

Thanks both, will give it another go today. May even try to remember to silence the alarm of sensor out of range today- think it's been warbling away in a locker each day so far!
There are small lockers by the lifeguard station btw so you can leave your phone and pump there and dip in and out if you get a snack etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back