Closed loop dexcom g6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey TC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello,

I am due to start with a closed loop system in February and wondered if anyone has any experience or advice?
I need to get a new phone to be able to use the app, does the app use a lot of battery?
I am currently using Omnipod dash system, which I get on okay with but sometimes need to manage it closely to avoid lows.

Thank you!

My kid is on g6 and tslim and we use the follow app to be able to get info from his dexcom. He’s on control IQ which works really well. The app doesn’t seem to drain much battery. The alerts can be annoying but you can customise most of them. It’s been amazing for him. His last HBA1C was 40.

Use samsung phone with G6 & Clarity app, obviously apps are always running in background so does use battery power but not excessively, can go 2 days at push without charging & use me phone for all sorts of tasks.

My kid is on g6 and tslim and we use the follow app to be able to get info from his dexcom. He’s on control IQ which works really well. The app doesn’t seem to drain much battery. The alerts can be annoying but you can customise most of them. It’s been amazing for him. His last HBA1C was 40.
That is good to hear, HbA1c is amazing! Thank you

Use samsung phone with G6 & Clarity app, obviously apps are always running in background so does use battery power but not excessively, can go 2 days at push without charging & use me phone for all sorts of tasks.
Thanks Nonethewiser, that is reassuring. Appreciate the response.

It does use quite a bit of battery for me, but it’s not a real battery hog and runs quietly in the background

My phone uses more on web browsing and bloomin FB is a pain!

1704658324185.png

Hi my main advice would be to get a phone with good Bluetooth as this is what is used to connect the loop between the phone and pump. Which loop are you using?

Hi my main advice would be to get a phone with good Bluetooth as this is what is used to connect the loop between the phone and pump. Which loop are you using?
Hi Sorry for delay. It is decom g6 with omnipod 5. I have started with the dexcom and fingers crossed all good so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back