Clock changes and split basal shot timings

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi, those like me on split basal doses, do you adjust your meal times as well was the basal shot times? Hope that makes sense. Sometime soon when the clocks go forward an hour , I used to push my basal 15 minutes back for until it comes back to the same time when the clocks have changed. My morning shot coinsides with my breakfast time. I'm a bit worried that as my nightime shot is only 2 units where as my daytime is 8 units I'm thinking my bg will spike while on the lower basal until I've had the higher basal shot at the adjusted time. Ooh I'm getting my self confused lol

I just adjust it to the new time all in one go. Basal doses aren’t accurate enough to be able to say to within an hour, when they run out. They tail off gradually. At weekends, if I have a lie in, I can be an hour late with my morning basal, similarly if I stay up later, I can be an hour later with my bedtime dose. I’ve never noticed a difference in my BGs other than the normal day to day variability.

I just adjust it to the new time all in one go. Basal doses aren’t accurate enough to be able to say to within an hour, when they run out. They tail off gradually. At weekends, if I have a lie in, I can be an hour late with my morning basal, similarly if I stay up later, I can be an hour later with my bedtime dose. I’ve never noticed a difference in my BGs other than the normal day to day variability.

Thanks Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back