Clinical trial for diagnosed in the last 12 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I sent a message to Northie yesterday asking him to post this, since I'm aware I'm on some folks' 'Ignore' list - and I honestly think it's important enough to be of interest to everyone it may apply to, but as he's apparently not around (everyone deserves time off LOL) - here it is anyway.

It's a thread started on DSF by Admin there - but you can all view it and will just appear as a 'Guest' online if you do. I also think it's still possible to post as a guest on there too if anyone wanted to comment on it there - but it might not be now, in which case obviously say whatever on this one.

http://diabetes-support.org.uk/diabetes_forum/index.php/topic,7143.0.html

I'm cross @Stitch didn't know about this before her appointment last week - but, Stitch there's nothing to stop you drawing it to the attention of either your GP or the hospital consultant to demonstrate how IMPORTANT it is for people like you to get the RIGHT tests to enable you to get the RIGHT treatment.

Aw no shame this wasn't last year when I was begging for the right diagnosis!!

Yep - I instantly thought of the pair of you - but you're sorted now TG, but I won't be happy again until Stitch is too, Rosie.

As I am just coming up for a year can I volunteer for this or is it purely "for interest" at the moment?

I saw this but have been diagnosed for 20 months now. Do you think its worth a go?

Nothing to lose by contacting the researchers. They can give you a definitive answer.

Ive sent them an email, so will keep you posted.

What about if you were 'unaware' you were diabetic? I've only just realised this February yet was diagnosed at least a year before that! I still they if they'd given me a meter and strips I would have been unable to retreat into denial. It should be automatic to give out free meters and strips. No room for mistakes then, plus an appointment with a diabetic professional and a course or just something!

Well ask the people running the trial, not me.

@Stitch - if nothing else, I thought the content of the Trial - the reasoning behind it as presented on Exeter Uni headed paper - might be used by yourself to tell your consultant/GP that you would REALLY like your C-peptide level tested - so that you have an PROPER answer - not just an opinion, however convinced the opinion giver might be. It's NOT keeping them happy, that matters in these instances. It's YOU!

I am starting this trial have got a meeting at my local hospital on the 22nd and will be having home visits and continued study of my diabetes seems very interesting

Well I emailed them and got a nice thanks but no thanks reply! Included was a link of local trials going on, but none were relevant to me.

I've contacted them and waiting to hear back.

So have I... we'll see.

Great! @Stitch147 - as you know, I hoped if your application was unsuccessful, you could use the content of the reasoning behind the Trial, to get some more testing done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back