Clinic visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidge63

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had an appointment with the dietician yesterday and got slapped wrists (as usual) for not eating enough.. says I should now use 2u to 10g cho and to do more blood tests at lunch time before and after meals. Was weighed and am same weight as i was when I saw the other dietician in May, but have actually lost about 6lb since I saw my diabetic nurse in July..

Then had my 6month review with the dr, and she wants me to go on Byetta as nothing seems to be getting my Hba1c down as it is still 9.8%.. however, I am to stay on my levemir and novorapid as well as have the Byetta. I will start it when I see my diabetic nurse at the end of September. I am sure I will leak when I drink.. lol

Lets hope the byetta can drops the weight and ultimately your novo ratios.

They said you were not eating enough?

What was there advice to that?

Had an appointment with the dietician yesterday and got slapped wrists (as usual) for not eating enough.. says I should now use 2u to 10g cho and to do more blood tests at lunch time before and after meals. Was weighed and am same weight as i was when I saw the other dietician in May, but have actually lost about 6lb since I saw my diabetic nurse in July..

Then had my 6month review with the dr, and she wants me to go on Byetta as nothing seems to be getting my Hba1c down as it is still 9.8%.. however, I am to stay on my levemir and novorapid as well as have the Byetta. I will start it when I see my diabetic nurse at the end of September. I am sure I will leak when I drink.. lol

Sounds like you're going for the full house of diabetes medication Squidge! I do hope that the Byetta gets your HbA1c down finally - if anyone, you deserve to have a good number with all the effort you put in, hope it happens for you soon. 🙂 Do you feel that you are not eating enough? Seems we just can't win!

I don't want to eat basically and i can't be bothered to cook anymore.. I used to cook all the time when I shared a flat with my best friend, she then moved out to move in with her partner which is fair enough, and also my mum died that year as well and I just lost all interest in eating. I don't think about food, I will eat when my friend comes over to visit as we usually go out for lunch and if still hungry in the evening I will sometimes cook even though i am not really hungry but know that I have to eat. Since I have been living on my own I will wake up and not have breakfast or lunch and then will occasionally make something to eat in the evening or get a microwave meal.. usually have a skinny muffin and a coffee in starbucks and have been known to very occasionally just have that for the whole day, or sometimes just have cereal for my supper. I am trying to add more vegatables to my evening meal and fruit, lately I have had a fad on oranges.. I have never had hunger pangs so don't think about eating, sometimes I get a notion that I want to eat lol.. I am trying and manage 2 meals a day but I don't snack in between.. I am a bit of a nightmare to say the least.. when I got up today my blood sugar was 4.9 which amazed me lol. I will eat if going out to meet a group or my partner I just don't think about it when I am on my own.

Northe I do feel like I am having every diabetic treatment thrown at me hopefully if I can get the eating better and with the byetta I might get somewhere.

Sorry your not getting the outcome that you want from all your hard work,but hey look on the bright side you could be the first male byetta babe:D

Sorry your not getting the outcome that you want from all your hard work,but hey look on the bright side you could be the first male byetta babe:D

sounds good lol byetta babes here I come, well end of september after I have seen the nurse.. :D

The Byetta might be really helpful, I know it isn't lisenced with insulin and I am sure they explained that but some people have managed to really reduce their insulin intake with it. Make sure that they reduce your insulin doses when you start the byetta. Good luck with it

The Byetta might be really helpful, I know it isn't lisenced with insulin and I am sure they explained that but some people have managed to really reduce their insulin intake with it. Make sure that they reduce your insulin doses when you start the byetta. Good luck with it

The dr I saw said that my novorapid will be cut in half but I am sure she said my levemir would stay the same... I will give anything a try...

Hi squidge as has already been said the byetta babes thread is exclusive to us lol so you will be the first male in there hehe, it has been very good for me the byetta and i have lost lots of weight i do hope it works for you to . Good luck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back