Clinic tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monica

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Ahhhhhh - clinic tomorrow!

I've just printed out the meter readings, not good! I should have had a closer look sooner. C's been above 10 in the mornings for about 2 weeks now. Have increased the Levemir 2 evenings ago and it hasn't made any difference yet. Now I'm wondering whether she might go hypo at night. Will check tonight.

Well, with a tummy bug last month and forgetting to take her Levemir a couple of weeks ago, I guess her longterm won't be as good as last time (6.9). :(

thanks shiv - good luck to you too 😉🙂

Good luck to both of you for tomorrow.

Good luck peoples...

Monica - at least you may have some understanding if C's HBA1C is higher rather than expecting it to be lower and then wondering why. You may though be pleasantly surprised...
Fingers crossed for you no hypos tonight too...

Bernie xx 🙂

No - not pleasantly surprised unfortunately. It is 7.8.:( Doc wasn't too concerned. He even said that, because she's under 8.5, we could go to the clinic every 4 months instead of 3.(I guess they are struggling to keep up).

On the way home C wanted some of the Thorntons chocolates I bought for after lunch treat, because she said she was hungry. I did wonder whether she was hypo (mostly when I say are you hypo, she has a go at me) I still asked her. She then said hmm yes I do feel a bit hypo (AFTER she'd eaten the choc.). We never tested, as we didn't have any way to wash her hands (Must go and buy some handgel or wipes), but treated the hypo with 3 glucotabs and a packet of crisps, which I had to go and buy!!! An hour later she was 5.3.

Silly me, I should have known!!! Hot weather, lots of walking and guessing the lunch bolus.😱

How did you do, Shiv???

Consultant said he thinks I might need a pump but I'm not quite at that stage yet. He's given me a few things to do, eg tweak evening insulin to try and get rid of morning hypos. If that doesn't work he said he'll see me about moving to a pump 🙂 I'm not holding my breath yet, I'm just feeling very positive that he hasn't ruled it out and he thinks it might be an option 🙂

We saw a different Doc today. But at the last 2 apps. the doc mentioned the pump too. C isn't interested. And from what I've heard at our local children's support group, there's nobody to train for the pump at the moment. So I don't really understand why the doc even mentioned it(maybe to put us on a waiting list??).
Are you keen to get a pump? It seems they are the best thing, but they also seem a lot of hard work. And I don't think I could persuade C to do more blood tests. When I asked her why she doesn't want one, she said she doesn't want to be attached to something all the time.

They are a hell of a lot of hardwork, but I have the drive and motivation for it. I'm sick of MDI and injections and worrying about hypos. I know a pump isn't a cure, but I believe it'll help me out a LOT. And help me go another 19 years with no complications.

In that case I wish you lots of good luck, so that you will get one soon xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back