Clicking Knees and Leg Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

harbottle

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,
When I was diagnosed it was because I was having leg pains and the GP suggested I get a 50 health check (And they said the pains were wear and tear). My right knee also felt a bit 'weird' and numb at times. It also used to click a lot sometimes (I'd stretch and get this massive CLICK or just get out of bed or stand up from the sofa). The weird feeling went a while ago, but the clicking remained. I've just realised this morning that it's not happened for a while, so I'm hoping it's gone for good.

I'm sure I've seen someone else on here ask about clicking knees... is this a potential side effect of high blood sugar damage?

Hi all,
When I was diagnosed it was because I was having leg pains and the GP suggested I get a 50 health check (And they said the pains were wear and tear). My right knee also felt a bit 'weird' and numb at times. It also used to click a lot sometimes (I'd stretch and get this massive CLICK or just get out of bed or stand up from the sofa). The weird feeling went a while ago, but the clicking remained. I've just realised this morning that it's not happened for a while, so I'm hoping it's gone for good.

I'm sure I've seen someone else on here ask about clicking knees... is this a potential side effect of high blood sugar damage?
My daughter has had clicking knees ever since she was a teenager.
Let's hope it stays away for you.

My clicking knee was due to a damaged knee. Sorted after a arthoscopy!

It’s more likely that knee issues are posture/wear related. Clicks in and of themselves aren’t a problem but if you get any pain then get checked out. It may be that some physio can sort the issue or they can keep an eye if you need something more permanent. I am very clicky, always have been, but have noticed new knee crunches sometimes when I walk which I will get checked if they persist.

The answer to your specific question is no, it has nothing to do with diabetes, and is of no clinical importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back