Clear pee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Singh

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I'm type 2 with diagnosed just before Christmas 52mmol. Started metformin 5oomg but came off on 3rd March felt I was doing too much with excercise and diet. I am peeing clear liquid , fi ger prick testing and sugars seem to be controlled. Anyone else experiencing clear pee ? Soo embarrassed to ask

I'm type 2 with diagnosed just before Christmas 52mmol. Started metformin 5oomg but came off on 3rd March felt I was doing too much with excercise and diet. I am peeing clear liquid , fi ger prick testing and sugars seem to be controlled. Anyone else experiencing clear pee ? Soo embarrassed to ask
The colour of your urine generally indicates your state of hydration so pale urine indicates a good level of hydration however if very pale or clear this may suggest you are drinking too much which can then upset your electrolyte balance. It can be that if your blood glucose is high which might then make you thirsty so you drink more.
Ezplanation in this link. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/urine-color-chart#clear

Have you had kidney function tested as part of your diagnosis ?

No reason to be embarrassed at all @Mr Singh

Occasional clear urine is not unusual, especially if you've been drinking lots of water, but if it has become persistent it would be worth asking for advice.

Perhaps you could log an e-consult in the first instance, so that you can write it out rather than having to talk about it?

What is clear?
I can do anything from a pint of bitter, (including the head), to water.
(Ask me about one after asparagus :rofl: )

Ask your GP for a sample bottle, and they can sort out testing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back