claiming pip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee_Tucker

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
ive been type 2 since April 2018

ad friend as asked me if ive ever applied for pip, as anyone ever tried to claim pip with have diabetes 1 or 2 and if so how did you get on

Cheers Lee

Hi @Lee_Tucker and welcome to the forum. This has been raised as a topic on the forum a few times and if you use the search function in the banner you should be able to find the relevant threads.

I don't have any experience myself, but I am sure that members who have will be along to share their experiences and add to what has been said.

Hi @Lee_Tucker and welcome to the forum. This has been raised as a topic on the forum a few times and if you use the search function in the banner you should be able to find the relevant threads.

I don't have any experience myself, but I am sure that members who have will be along to share their experiences and add to what has been said.thansk
thanks for the quick reply

i'll will have a look

Cheers Lee

ive been type 2 since April 2018

ad friend as asked me if ive ever applied for pip, as anyone ever tried to claim pip with have diabetes 1 or 2 and if so how did you get on

Cheers Lee
It’s based on the effect your condition has on your life not on diagnosis. What everyday tasks do you struggle with or need assistance with, eg getting around, heating a meal, making a drink etc.

Indeed, @Lucyr, the forms when you apply for PIP do not even ask for your diagnosis. Nobody who has just Type 2 diagnosis has ever got PIP, because that would mean around 4% of the population of the UK would be on PIP.

As it happens, I do get PIP because of my mobility problems, but that is not caused by my diabetes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back