City among worst for diabetes checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Southampton is one of the worst places in the country for providing essential checks for diabetics, a report reveals.

Health bosses have come under fire after it was found that less than half of diabetics in the city are getting all of the nine recommended checks ? the lowest rate among primary care trusts.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/9760837.City_among_worst_for_diabetes_checks/?ref=eb

I find this odd really, as I have always had extremely good care. The only thing that went slightly wrong was that I didn't get my annual podiatry appointment and had to call them - I was offered a quick appointment though. Just shows how variable care can be :(

Maybe it's worse for T2s who don't ever get to see the inside of a hospital diabetes outpatient clinic, Alan?

Maybe it's worse for T2s who don't ever get to see the inside of a hospital diabetes outpatient clinic, Alan?

Yes, I'm sure that's the case TW. I was involved as a patient rep at a meeting of bigwigs a couple of months ago and some of the things they were saying really surprised me - not only the difficulties getting the patients to comply with medication/lifestyle changes etc. but also getting a lot of GPs to actually take an interest in their patients with diabetes, which I found quite shocking. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back