Circle D - meet ups and info :0) & hi from me and Poppy! x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelb1uk

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys...

Sorry I haven't been here for a while, life has been hectic what with travelling to Kuwait last week for work....it was amazing there but poppy was a lil moo from start to finish hey ho!! Going for my advanced pump training today yahhh!!

Anyway, last night was Circle D (support for 18-30's with diabetes for those of you who do not know) and I gave out DS leaflets so hopefully you will get some more sign ups!! :0)

Also hope its ok but wanted to mention that the next circle d is Monday 15th March in Kent, and more importantly our next social is to mark our 2yr birthday 🙂 this will be on Saturday 24th April in London (all ages welcome)...so if anyone want's to come feel free :0)

If anyone want's more info etc just private message me as don't wan't to take over the forum with Circle D stuff, just thought there might be ppl here who could benefit :0) xxx

Good luck with the pump and all the up comming events.

Hi Shelley and Poppy! Do let us know how things went in Kuwait - I'm sure others with pumps will find it interesting. I wonder if we should team up in April then for a DS/Circle D bonanza?🙂

Kuwait was AMAZING so luxurious, plus I was on the beach/pool in January while the UK was snowed in hehe 😉

Poppy was very unsettled throughout, had several 2 point something hypos and also then went to 15 or so and took double the correction to come down while I was away, went back to normal now I'm home though, very strange, guess it may have been the heat???

Time difference wasn't a major problem as was only 3hrs ahead so just changed the time on poppy.

I was soooo worried about going thru the airport security!!! I didnt set off the alarm thank god and was hassle free on the way out. On the way back the security was every 2mins and you even had to have your hand luggage scanned at the boarding gate, they didn't speak english and by passed all my needles and kit only to confiscate my lucozade...doh! I then prompty hypod as soon as I got on the plane, how annoying!

I was hesitant to fly to the middle east when I had only been pumping 3 weeks, but I'm glad I did it as it has given me confidence, I guess my motto is chuck yourself in at the deep end hehe!

O yah Northener yes lets do a joint thing :0) I want our 2 year birthday to be a big celebration for people living/ affected with diabetes everywhere (all ages)...Circle D are meeting in Leicester Square (there is a yates by 95.8 capital fm am going to london the weekend so will find out the name of it) probably around lunchtime...I said to them how well the DS social worked & am trying to keep the cost down for the day so will meet there and have food/ drinks etc and then we can please ourselves, some may stay for the evening, also if it's a nice day could maybe go to hyde park or somewhere or covent garden to watch the street entertainers? I'm open to suggestion, just need to keep the cost down...ooo am getting excited now!!!

Hey Shelly nice to see you back and that Kuwait was good,im sure in time the pump and you will get used to each other lol

Good luck with all the upcoming events xx

Events!

Please put your Circle D event on our events page! I know a lot of people look in there too! Please put in as much info as possible - I was going to do it for you - but all I had was Circle D, Kent, March 15!!!
Glad your trip was fab and all went well apart from a few ypo's!

jus to let you no yates bar gets extremly busy on a saturday day time as have been several times

Wow thats majorly brave wizzing of to Kuwait so soon after getting Poppy!! Good for you!

Joint meet up sounds like a great idea! It is in my diary :D

x

jus to let you no yates bar gets extremly busy on a saturday day time as have been several times

And pricey!

Great to hear Kuwait went well Shelley, I was worried you might get your flight cancelled because of the snow! So I was relieved to hear it went so well.

Sorry about the hypo's. I often had that problem in heat.

Hope you are well hon xx

And pricey!

Great to hear Kuwait went well Shelley, I was worried you might get your flight cancelled because of the snow! So I was relieved to hear it went so well.

Sorry about the hypo's. I often had that problem in heat.

Hope you are well hon xx

Is there a Wetherspoons? That seemed to cope quite well with us, space and pocket-wise.🙂

I've just noticed that the London Marathon is the following day - might that be a problem for anyone? I just tried to book a megatrain ticket and it said there was nothing available - either all the tickets have already gone or you can't book this far ahead for them.

All depends on how far ahead they close roads, but if anyone was staying at a hotel it might be abit of an issue.

All depends on how far ahead they close roads, but if anyone was staying at a hotel it might be abit of an issue.

A lot of people will be coming into London on the Saturday, so public transport might be booked up/full - people know months in advance that they are coming and I would imagine you get a lot more people arriving than on an ordinary Saturday?

A lot of people will be coming into London on the Saturday, so public transport might be booked up/full - people know months in advance that they are coming and I would imagine you get a lot more people arriving than on an ordinary Saturday?

Id of said so, oops not a great date then 🙄

Hey ppl!!!! Didn't realise about the marathon, doh! Our 2yr ann date is the 30th April but that weekend is a bank hol so thats how we got stuck on the 24th 🙂

The wetherspoons looks good, am meeting a friend in Leicester Square on Saturday so will have a nose around and get back to you if thats ok, and then I can post it on the events wall 🙂 woohoo am getting doubly excited now 🙂 DS & Circle D combined yahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Hey ppl!!!! Didn't realise about the marathon, doh! Our 2yr ann date is the 30th April but that weekend is a bank hol so thats how we got stuck on the 24th 🙂

The wetherspoons looks good, am meeting a friend in Leicester Square on Saturday so will have a nose around and get back to you if thats ok, and then I can post it on the events wall 🙂 woohoo am getting doubly excited now 🙂 DS & Circle D combined yahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Sounds great , shelly how you think i feel lol i been dying to meet people from here lol

the excitement levels r gonna be thru the roof then Steff! hehe...I'm happy you guys wanna come celebrate the Circle D 2yr bday with us....tis great 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back