Cinnamon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Largesse1!

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I’ve been reading that Cinnamon can help lower BG so as I’m really busy just now and not managing to walk after every meal I thought I would experiment and share.

I’m particularly interested in if it will help lower my morning fasting level which resolutely remains between 7-8, no matter if the rest of the day is between 5.2-6.8.

Took two capsules of Ceylon cinnamon just now (having ‘cheated’ quite a lot today with carby foods (so hard to avoid when eating in the run). I’ll record daily and share next week.

Had anyone else experimented with Cinnamon supplements?

I’ve been reading that Cinnamon can help lower BG so as I’m really busy just now and not managing to walk after every meal I thought I would experiment and share.
I thought that was largely based on a couple of small studies, and when a larger one was run it gave negative results (suggesting the idea's probably not true)?

(I do enjoy cinnamon, but I enjoy it for flavour. So taking it in capsules wouldn't really make sense.)

I thought that was largely based on a couple of small studies, and when a larger one was run it gave negative results (suggesting the idea's probably not true)?

(I do enjoy cinnamon, but I enjoy it for flavour. So taking it in capsules wouldn't really make sense.)
I think the problem with the studies is that the amount of cinnamon and type varied so they were not comparable in the way that is suggested in the idea of one disproving the other. The larger one, I believe, used smaller amounts and didn’t record average BG levels before study which may have impacted results.

I eat cinnamon fir flavour too but it’s hard to get a consistent intake that say so hence the capsules.

As I say, an experiment is all.

I think the problem with the studies is that the amount of cinnamon and type varied so they were not comparable in the way that is suggested in the idea of one disproving the other. The larger one, I believe, used smaller amounts and didn’t record average BG levels before study which may have impacted results.
Yes, could well be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back