Chuffed with HbA1c

Status
Not open for further replies.

loocher

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed with T2 in November 2023 with HbA1c of 62. I've been taking Metformin and eating low carb since then. Just got my results from blood test 3 months after diagnosis, and HbA1c is down to 39! I am well chuffed with that 🙂

Bravo! How brilliant

I was diagnosed with T2 in November 2023 with HbA1c of 62. I've been taking Metformin and eating low carb since then. Just got my results from blood test 3 months after diagnosis, and HbA1c is down to 39! I am well chuffed with that 🙂
You have every right to be chuffed - that's a brilliant result. Maybe have a chat with your DN about the Metformin next?

Many congratulations! That is a really great result, especially considering it included the festive period. So pleased your effort has been rewarded and thanks for posting it as I know it will inspire others who are in a similar situation now to you back in November, just setting out on their journey with diabetes and probably feeling somewhat overwhelmed. It really does lift the spirits and give hope to people to read of such successes.
Best of luck on maintaining that great result.

Fantastic result!! You have every right to be chuffed :D

well done mate im type 2 and my last HbA1c in january 23 was 74 it had jumped from 50 im on 160 g gliclazide a day but because i let my carbs go all over im on low carb diet as the medication wasnt getting a chance to work im finding the diet ok now in into it ive already lost nearly a stone im not eating potatoes or bread and alcohol free and my pin prick results are all in single figures as before anywhere between 7 and 15 so well done to you my friend im hoping to get below 50 at my next blood test in april any tips on your low carb diet im 65 year old in cumbria once again well done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back