Chronic Wounds Studies (DERMA project) - University of Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flo0212

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
Hello everyone,

My name is Florence Nguyen, a research assistant at the University of Portsmouth. I am a part of a research team who are developing new interventions for the management and treatment of chronic wounds (chronic wounds are wounds that have failed to heal within 3 weeks).

We are running 2 projects:

1. Exploring the lived experience of people with chronic wounds.

2. Exploring the acceptability of new materials developed for chronic wounds.

These studies aim to explore the impact of chronic wounds on people’s lives and/or their opinions on the new dressings for chronic wounds developed by our researchers. You can find more information about the dressing via this website https://www.derma2seas.eu/ . We are looking for volunteers, aged 18 or over and have a chronic wound or had one in the past to participate in this study. Participants will be interviewed either at the University of Portsmouth, at an arranged location or over the telephone/Skype call. Everything discussed in the interviews will be confidential. Interviews should take approximately 1 hour.

By participating in these studies, not only are you contributing to the chronic wound field, but you also have an opportunity to share your stories and to explore innovative interventions developed to support your conditions better.

Please find attached to this thread are the information sheets for each study. If you are interested in any of these studies, please do not hesitate to contact me at UP809169@myport.ac.uk or Dr Miznah Al-Abbadey at Miznah.Al-Abbadey@port.ac.uk.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about the study. I am looking forward to seeing your responses.

Florence.

Attachments

This study has been approved and please help if you can.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back