Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleSunflower

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I’ve been a little quiet on here recently but I just wanted to pop a post in to say..

I hope you are all healthy, well and keeping safe. I wish you all a Happy Christmas and New Year!

Thank you for all of the help, support and guidance you have given since my diagnoses early this year. It will be my first Christmas with Type 1 but I feel ready to take it on after my consultant said my diabetes control is phenomenal at this current moment at time 🙂 I might even allow myself some chocolate Yule log as that’s my favourite treat!

All the best,
Little Sunflower x

Lovely to hear from you again @LittleSunflower 🙂 I love Yule log too. I have two waiting for Christmas:D I either bolus for a slice as part of a meal, or use them for moderate lows, or have a slice before exercise. Plenty of opportunities to fit some in if you think ahead.

Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy yourself 🙂

Hi,

It’ll be my first Christmas with T1D too!
Slightly nervous about the carb counting and insulin dosing over the Christmas period but hopefully feel like I’ve learnt enough of the basics to be ok!

Have a lovely Christmas 🙂

Lovely to hear from you @LittleSunflower and great to hear that you are managing your diabetes so well and most importantly that you are sounding more confident as I think that makes all the difference in the world. Hope you have a fantastic Christmas and don't worry if things go a bit astray over the festive season.... It's only a couple of days and you will soon get things back on tract again. Enjoy!

My first Xmas type 1 & a dad 🙂

I will certainly make sure I have extra insulin in stock for the extra carbs & beers 🙂

Hope everyone enjoys the Xmas period

My 1st T1 Christmas too. Like others, I'd like to say a very big thank you to everyone who has been so supportive on this Forum. I hope you have a great Christmas and New Year. Also like many others I'll be trying to balance doing the right thing for my body in terms of exercise, rest, trying to stay low stress and mainly healthy eating with a few carefully calculated indulgences!

Remember all - there are two carb-free days in every year - one is your birthday and the other is Christmas Day ! (This is the law, the same as St Swithin's Day being the day we change our lancets)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back