Christmas tips for first time round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny105

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi, and best wishes this Xmas . My 1st Xmas Type 1.5. ie 2x 500 metformin slow release. Im supposed to be going to consultant (insulin 2 B or not 2 B but still waiting. ) Doing fairly well with readings 4.1 - 9.9 average about 7.0.
Im entertaining this Xmas , small family, so I'm in charge of the food !!! 😎 Any tips about how to handle Xmas and its little extras ?

patiently waits to some responses too :D

Christmas food always seems pretty healthy to be honest so enjoy it! Some meat, plenty veg, bit of potato, Christmas dinner is usually a well balanced meal

My advice is to 'almost' ignore your normal rules and enjoy the day. The 'almost' bit is important though, before I get flamed for not being serious about it, in that I go for smaller portions, miss out every other time snacks are passed round, and trying to get some exercise during the day (walking for me works well, as well as an Xmas morning Parkrun, but I know that isnt for everyone!) and then get back on your normal rules for Boxing Day.
Good luck

The Xmas dinner is quite OK really just give yourself a little bit of everything
no need to go without a taste of sweet things just limit how much you taste 🙂
my downfall is Xmas pudding but I have bought myself a small one so I dont
miss out on that, I shall enjoy cheese and biscuits (those in moderation) and a
glass of wine, I dont plan to go any lower than 120gr of carbs over the day so
hopefully I shall get through OK, enjoy its one day of temptation have a good Xmas 🙂🙂

Christmas food always seems pretty healthy to be honest so enjoy it! Some meat, plenty veg, bit of potato, Christmas dinner is usually a well balanced meal
Hi to loong story short Christmas day is taken care of - a charity event was cancelled but we had booked in to Toby Carvery. A healthy meal with choices. But we have family Xmas Eve , and Boxing Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back