Christmas Pudding

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanetT

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
This will be my first Christmas as T2 on low carb. What are your favourites for Christmas pudding - I'm thinking whole yoghurt with nuts , berries and Christmassy spices.

Thanks I will check it out:D

If you want a Christmas pud then make one using ground almonds and consider fresh fruit instead of dried fruit. Alot less on the carb front and not so heavy on the tummy.

Great idea - thank you!

Yes love cheese too !!

I used to make an ice-cream one, it wasn't a budget recipe whatever as I soaked the dried fruit in brandy - for 24 hours plus and it was exceedingly alcoholic and carborific (if that's a word) - 8 of us used to have dinner and stay overnight at one of the gang's homes cos they owned an old farmhouse with loads of bedrooms and space generally for lots of people - and anyway it really was so rich, nobody at all could eat very much of it but always said they enjoyed every mouthful. You either like the taste of nutmeg, cinnamon, dried fruit, candied peel, brandy etc - or you don't!

I used to make an ice-cream one, it wasn't a budget recipe whatever as I soaked the dried fruit in brandy - for 24 hours plus and it was exceedingly alcoholic and carborific (if that's a word) - 8 of us used to have dinner and stay overnight at one of the gang's homes cos they owned an old farmhouse with loads of bedrooms and space generally for lots of people - and anyway it really was so rich, nobody at all could eat very much of it but always said they enjoyed every mouthful. You either like the taste of nutmeg, cinnamon, dried fruit, candied peel, brandy etc - or you don't!
Thank you ! Sounds yummy!

Thank you ! Sounds yummy!
Er - it was never intended to be low carbohydrate mate - merely you couldn't eat very much of it at a time really, even if you have indiscriminate dietary requirements and actually love Xmas Pud, was all !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back