Chrismas Catalogue 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All
Who else get a Chrismas catalogue I got one in this morning's post from Diabetes uk . I went round tescos yesterday and seen chrismas stuff starting to come onto the shelves great something else to think about.

Bah humbug hehe:D:D

Donald

Yes I know what you mean Donald! I was in Sainsburys yesterday and there were christmas cakes and puddings! I also received the christmas catologue from mencap yesterday who I also support.

But hold on, its only September!!

With any luck I wont be getting the diabetes uk christmas catalogue with this London postal strike anyway.....it doesnt seem like I have got anything much at all of late!

I am bah-humbugging right there with ya Don!

Lol, I'm the opposite. I LOVE when the 'seasonal' aisle in Tesco's changes from all things BBQ to Christmassy stuff !! I love it!!

Mind you, it will be a bit of a different Christmas this year, my first as a diabetic, as one of the key aspects in our house is the 'stuffing yourself with as much chocolate as possible between Christmas and new year' angle!! Oh well, I guess it'll be Haribos and Wine Gums for them (the only sweets I don't like, lol, and I can't resist temptation at ALL !!) and the odd square of something yummy for me !!

Ho ho ho. :D

xx

Yes I know what you mean Donald! I was in Sainsburys yesterday and there were christmas cakes and puddings! I also received the christmas catologue from mencap yesterday who I also support.

But hold on, its only September!!

With any luck I wont be getting the diabetes uk christmas catalogue with this London postal strike anyway.....it doesnt seem like I have got anything much at all of late!

I am bah-humbugging right there with ya Don!

Yes mid september is a bit early but thinking maybe to get us into a frame of mind to buy the stuff as early as poss

Lol, I'm the opposite. I LOVE when the 'seasonal' aisle in Tesco's changes from all things BBQ to Christmassy stuff !! I love it!!

Mind you, it will be a bit of a different Christmas this year, my first as a diabetic, as one of the key aspects in our house is the 'stuffing yourself with as much chocolate as possible between Christmas and new year' angle!! Oh well, I guess it'll be Haribos and Wine Gums for them (the only sweets I don't like, lol, and I can't resist temptation at ALL !!) and the odd square of something yummy for me !!

Ho ho ho. :D

xx

this will be my second but I'am sure we all will have a good time and the odd slip can't be wrong if we cannot have the odd slip 🙂 what can we do.🙂

Well in Yeovil last week there were Halloween decorated windows in card shops with Christmas cards on sale inside - bit too early for either for my liking (OK Grumpy Old Woman, I know) especially as I'll have to miss out on the lovely Belgium Chocs this year.

My four year old grand-daughter summed it up nicely a few days ago as the Playgroup are already getting ready for the Nativity Play. She she told me that it was all about the baby Jesus, who now lives in Heaven with God AND Father Christmas>>>>>>>>the message got kind of distorted, I think, or it could be me that's wrong ?

they have started selling magic pixies in morrisons and novelty xmas tree and santa choccie lollypops , also the tins of roses and quality street have gone on BOGOF. i am still paying for last xmas and bang along comes this one lol.

I must be really sad I have most of my Chrismas presents in already... :D

I must be really sad I have most of my Chrismas presents in already... :D

😱😱 oh my sis-in-law is the same she has them in before the end of september every year she has to buy for 6 kids i dont know how she keeps it all hidden

My four year old grand-daughter summed it up nicely a few days ago as the Playgroup are already getting ready for the Nativity Play.

Lol, I used to work in playgroups, and believe me, you HAVE to start preparing the little ones early with Christmas preps (we never did an actual play, just lots of Christmassy songs) there's usually quite a lot of songs to learn and when you have 'actions' and/or little montages as well, it can get a bit stressful, especially as some of the littl'uns only come in 2 or 3 times a week!!

However, it DOES seem a bit odd singing songs about Father Christmas when the sun's shining outside!! (and as soon as they're back from half-term holiday, it's on with the Christmas crafts, lol). I used to love the Christmas term, always lots of fun things going on!

xx

Hi All
Who else get a Chrismas catalogue I got one in this morning's post from Diabetes uk . I went round tescos yesterday and seen chrismas stuff starting to come onto the shelves great something else to think about.

Bah humbug hehe:D:D

Donald

I received my diabetes uk xmas catalogue on Friday as well.

I received my diabetes uk xmas catalogue on Friday as well.

It came too late for me as I already had got my chrismas cards for this year.They must have had a mass mailing to members.

Chrismas cards mostly, diary key fob teddey bear on last two pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back