Cholesterol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midgie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I’ve seen a few signatures on here with their cholesterol levels. Are these total cholesterol people are posting or ratio?

I would guess total. Ratio isn't always used now. The recommended maximum total for diabetics is 4.0

(ETA mine is total)

Last edited:
Mine is total and I don't care that it is above 4.
If I wasn't diabetic, female and nearly 60, it would be considered fine. I can't do anything about those factors and I manage my diabetes to the best of my ability and I am fitter and healthier than I was before diagnosis, so I refuse to be concerned or take medication because I don't meet a very general criteria.
Those are just my thoughts about my situation.

I’ve recently started a statin, but haven’t had a follow-up lipid panel since, so I don’t know what effect statins have had, and whether I’m now down below the 4.0 target.

Just a thought. Cholestrol levels and Statins are such a minefield.Something I hadn't even thought about prior to a diabetes diagnosis. Now, well it's a different story.

To add to my joy I have won a tin of Celebrations in a work thingy. How on earth to handle that tin that keeps on winking at me? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

To add to my joy I have won a tin of Celebrations in a work thingy. How on earth to handle that tin that keeps on winking at me? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I won a tin of mint thins in a raffle last week and it is being regifted to my brother in law as a thank you for Sunday lunch this weekend. I left the box in the car so it is out of sight, out of mind. If they had been in the house, they wouldn't just be winking at me they would be calling my name. I can't see or hear them from the car and no fears of melting at this time of year.

I won a tin of mint thins in a raffle last week and it is being regifted to my brother in law as a thank you for Sunday lunch this weekend. I left the box in the car so it is out of sight, out of mind. If they had been in the house, they wouldn't just be winking at me they would be calling my name. I can't see or hear them from the car and no fears of melting at this time of year.
I have also done the out of sight out of mind thing. Regifting is the plan. Dare not even open it. Disastrous

Just a thought. Cholestrol levels and Statins are such a minefield.Something I hadn't even thought about prior to a diabetes diagnosis. Now, well it's a different story.

Celebrations are such small sized that they’ll be fine for your bg so long as not eating the whole tin at once

Must admit those signatures pass me by, never ever read them.

Had my cholesterol tested last month, total was 4.2 & was told ratios were all good & within range. If cholesterol went up at some point then would take statin, tried one once before for short period & had no side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back