cholesterol monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanzlady

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

I have just tried my new cholesterol monitor from Lloyds chemist
results 3.7 total cholesterol not sure how accurate this is? Does say if reading is under 5 retest in 3 months I didn't purchase the monitor to replace the doctors testing I just want to keep an eye on levels myself

4/sept/09 before DX 6.3 HDL 1.46

5/Feb/10 after DX 5.3 HDL 1.30

Still waiting results of June test have not been called back to nurse or Doctor she said she would get in touch if there was any problems! (I take there are none)

31/Aug/10 total cholesterol 3.7 (home monitor)
does anyone have any thoughts on this results

Many thanks in advance
Lanzlady

Hi,

I have just tried my new cholesterol monitor from Lloyds chemist
results 3.7 total cholesterol not sure how accurate this is? Does say if reading is under 5 retest in 3 months I didn't purchase the monitor to replace the doctors testing I just want to keep an eye on levels myself

4/sept/09 before DX 6.3 HDL 1.46

5/Feb/10 after DX 5.3 HDL 1.30

Still waiting results of June test have not been called back to nurse or Doctor she said she would get in touch if there was any problems! (I take there are none)

31/Aug/10 total cholesterol 3.7 (home monitor)
does anyone have any thoughts on this results

Many thanks in advance
Lanzlady

Cannot believe not one reply maybe everyone busy or snoozing tonight😉

very good result but i never used one ,sorry

I think that it highlights something I mentioned when you said that you'd got the meter.

Because it only displays total cholesterol, you can't easily relate what it is saying to the separate HDL/LDL cholesterol readings.

Sorry that I can't say anything more helpful at this point. Maybe others can (probably still recovering from the bank holiday south of the border!)?

Andy 🙂

I think that the lack of responses is due to very few people having a cholesterol meter and therefore not being able to comment.

It does look like you have had a large decrease in your cholesterol but I am unsure as to whether the hospital tests are easily comparable with those from the meter. Your Dr or practice nurse should be able to help.

...........does anyone have any thoughts on this results.............
Hi,

I have an home monitor but don't use it much mainly because I've never seemed to get the results to fit in with those recorded at the GP's surgery. Basically, I don't have much faith in the readings.

John

Thanks Wally for your reply
would you say it was way out or just by a couple of points ?

thanks

lanzlady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back