Cholecystectomy in my 30s, 20 years later my GP suspects gallstones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
When my GP reviewed my blood test results her immediate response was that she suspects I have gall stones. I had my gall bladder removed in my 30s (I am now 57) is it possible to get gall stones when you have no gall bladder?

I have googled (I know) and there seems to be a case if the surgery missed one in the bile ducts but surely after so many years I would have had pain etc ( incidentally I have no symptoms of anything. Not even the diabetes or high cholesterol but I am guessing it has been caught early.

On a similar thing, my daughter had her tonsils removed when she was 7 and now in her twenties her GP said she has had tonsillitis and said she still has tonsils

Anyone else have a diagnosis that makes them a little anxious about other things they are told from professionals?

When my GP reviewed my blood test results her immediate response was that she suspects I have gall stones. I had my gall bladder removed in my 30s (I am now 57) is it possible to get gall stones when you have no gall bladder?

I have googled (I know) and there seems to be a case if the surgery missed one in the bile ducts but surely after so many years I would have had pain etc ( incidentally I have no symptoms of anything. Not even the diabetes or high cholesterol but I am guessing it has been caught early.

On a similar thing, my daughter had her tonsils removed when she was 7 and now in her twenties her GP said she has had tonsillitis and said she still has tonsils

Anyone else have a diagnosis that makes them a little anxious about other things they are told from professionals?
Somebody at work had their tonsils grow back which was a surprise for her so not unheard of.

Has your GP referred you for an ultrasonic scan to confirm, or otherwise the gallstone theory? That'd be the way to put it to bed.

Yes if you googled it you will have seen it is possible to have stones in the ducts and as you have high cholesterol that could be a possibility so a scan would rule out or locate any that are there.

Has your GP referred you for an ultrasonic scan to confirm, or otherwise the gallstone theory? That'd be the way to put it to bed.
Hi @AndBreathe, I have a scan organised for 1st August, but believed this to be for a fatty liver, but it may cover other areas located nearby too, that would make sense 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back