chocolate!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

annemarie08

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well Im Feeling Guilty Now,oh And Abit Sick.ive Just Eaten Loads Of Quality Street. My Sugars Will Probably Be Off The Scale. They Were Calling To Me To Eat Them, Ha Ha. Regreted It Afterwards, I Did Have Good Intensions For Today But Before I Knew It Id Eaten Something I Shouldnt. Im Just Hungry On Insulin! Does Anyone Else Get Like This? Im Starving All The Time, Or Is It Just In My Head?

I've been eating to feed my insulin for a long time now. I've only realised it this week when my insulin was suddenly cut 50% and I raised my metformin dose. I ate nearly a tin of Quality Street throughout November. Since cutting my doses/having metformin I've only had chocolate when I was hypo and I've had less than 6 packs of crisps in the last fortnight - usually I'd have a couple of packs a day. So it's probably not in your head!

I am hungry all the time as well even after a 2 course meal shortly after i could eat again going to have to keep close eye on my weight.

I Was On Metformin For 6yrs And Lost Loads Of Weight But That Was Probably All The Ketones! Ha Ha. I Did End Up In Hospital In Feb With Dka And Was Told That I Had Type 1 And Not Type 2 And That I Had Been Mis-diagnosed. Im Now On Humalog3 Times A Day With Meals And Levemir At Night Usually 24-28 Units. Ive Put On 3 Stone Since Going On Insulin In Feb! Good Job I Was A Skinny Little Thing! Notice The Past Tense.ha Ha. If I Carry On At This Rate They Will Have To Cut Me Out Of My House!! Ha Ha You Might See Me On The News. "diabetic Eats Herself To Death!!" Ha Ha You Have To Laugh Or You Would Cry And Never Stop.

Food...

I am hungry all the time as well even after a 2 course meal shortly after i could eat again going to have to keep close eye on my weight.

I KNOW WHEN YOU GO ON INSULIN THEY DONT TELL YOU THAT YOU WILL BE CONSTANTLY HUNGRY. ITS BECAUSE WHEN YOU ARE NOT DIABETIC WHEN YOU EAT YOUR BODY MAKES JUST ENOUGH INSULIN TO CONVERT THE FOOD TO ENERGY ETC BUT WHEN YOU ARE DIABETIC AND ON INSULIN YOU HAVE INSULIN IN YOUR BODY JUST WAITING FOR FOOD AND SENDING HUNGRY SIGNALS TO YOUR BRAIN!!!! 😱I JUST NEED MORE WILLPOWER!!

before i was diagnosed in october i had lost 2.5stone and was putting this down to dieting but think the ketones played a part in this when diagnosed i was admitted to hospital - the 2.5 stones is not going to be long in going back on if i dont stop having such a huge appetite its not that i am wanting to eat chocolate all the time just the size of my portions especially of pasta, rice or potatoes. they did not warn me about this happening the dietician just said you will likely put couple of pounds back on!

appetite

before i was diagnosed in october i had lost 2.5stone and was putting this down to dieting but think the ketones played a part in this when diagnosed i was admitted to hospital - the 2.5 stones is not going to be long in going back on if i dont stop having such a huge appetite its not that i am wanting to eat chocolate all the time just the size of my portions especially of pasta, rice or potatoes. they did not warn me about this happening the dietician just said you will likely put couple of pounds back on!

im like that aswell, i have a decent sized meal for my tea, then an hour later if am starving and could eat it all again!!! im not craving chocolate but am so hungry i just keep falling off the wagon and keep eating cr*p. then i think sod it i will start again tomorrow and im good the next day, for a while then i give in to temptation again!! arrrgh. think ill ask santa for some will power for xmas. ha ha.

You might be on too much insulin annemarie, that was definitely my problem. Beacuse of my high morning BG levels I kept upping and upping my background insulin and that was making me hungry all day. I've halved my dose and not only are my morning sugars the same (because it wasn't a lack of background causing the high ones!) but I'm far less hungry. It's worth talking to your nurse about cutting down a bit IMO

thanks for that, maybe thats the problem. havent seen the nurse for ages, i just take what i want with regards to insulin, humalog with meals between 4-10 units with meals and between 24-28 levemir at bedtime ish. is that alot??? i think im probably just greedy ha ha

Annemarie, do you adjust the insulin you inject to suit the food, or are you trying to adjust the food to suit the insulin?

No real worries then, eat what you fancy when you are hungry. Have you been on a DAFNE course?

i often hear chocolate calling to me to eat them no body else does my be its another diabetic thing!!

dafne? no maybe its an area thing,part of the country you live in thing. isnt that all about carb counting?

I today had my first piece of chocolate since being diagnosed T2 in September. It was my an orange soft centre, my favourite from a Quality Street tin that we had on the counter of our shop for the customers, but I could only eat half of it and had to give the rest to my other half. I realised just how sweet it tasted and it surprised me as I didnt realise that could happen only after not having chocolates for such a short time.

im like that with anything else that is sweet, but not chocolate!!! ihate sugar and cant stand sweet drinks which is a bit of a prob when im hypo. the only lucozade i can tolerate is the lemon flavour coz it tastes quite bitter, not sweet at all. ive never had sugar in coffee or liked normal coke even before i was diagnosed.😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back