Chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaL76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Works out at £2 a bar, so again not cheap as with almost things keto, but really quiet nice . No artificial sweeteners that I can see and 7g carbs per bar. It has a bit of a waxy texture but then does melt in the mouth like chocolate. You can taste it’s a raw kind of chocolate. I plan to eat the other half with a cup of tea… how i used to enjoy my chocolate. For anyone who’s interested maybe order a single bar before committing to a box full. It’s more of a milk chocolate than dark

Helps if you attach the picture

Bit cheaper here

Attachments

• 81B100D2-7238-4EF8-B96C-6F9F88780741.png
    81B100D2-7238-4EF8-B96C-6F9F88780741.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 20
Not tried that one although I have tried other raw cacao bars. However I thought I’d take this chocolate-y opportunity to thank you for your recent chocolate recipe starring those Little Pots (of chocolate *drool*) and mascarpone. The recipe was simple and yummy and, importantly, you alerted me to those Little Pots which are absolutely delicious!

Not tried that one although I have tried other raw cacao bars. However I thought I’d take this chocolate-y opportunity to thank you for your recent chocolate recipe starring those Little Pots (of chocolate *drool*) and mascarpone. The recipe was simple and yummy and, importantly, you alerted me to those Little Pots which are absolutely delicious!
Ahh your welcome… glad you like them. They have been on offer In sainsburys recently. I sometimes put a dollop on warm keto brownie. In fact that’s exactly what I have just done

Ahh your welcome… glad you like them. They have been on offer In sainsburys recently. I sometimes put a dollop on warm keto brownie. In fact that’s exactly what I have just done
I missed the pot post!

Is it really worth the expense and waxy taste? You could have half a dairy milk bar (multipack size) for about the same carbs (9g). Or a full little dairy milk bar is 10g carbs, so is one finger of a twirl, or a Freddo.

It’s actually quite enjoyable but won’t be for everybody. Problem is I cannot eat half a dairy milk! I love it too much so don’t have it in the house . 33g of diary milk is 19g carbs this is only 7g for same amount. Thing is that differs with me is that I need the calories. So I can eat around 200cals of this chocolate for only 7g carbs.

But yes 100% would rather eat all of the things you mentioned

If the low carb chocolate is as enjoyable as normal chocolate though would you not have the same problem of eating more than you plan? The little bars of dairy milk that are 10g carbs for the bar are 17p each (well 6 for £1 at tescos) rather than £2.00 for the keto ones, so there would be plenty money saved to find the extra 100 calories to make up the difference

I said it’s quite enjoyable… defo not as enjoyable lol. Also I have four kids, they can smell a Freddo a mile off, least they won’t touch this :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back