chiropodist

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingdong

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
had my nails done at nhs podiatry clinic had what i thought was a corn on top off my top pointed that out to her she didnt seem really interested its still there & sore after 6 weeks .cant say i was happy with the service .do you have to go the clinic or can you get youre own chiropodist as i have been recommened a mobile one thanks

It probably depends why you see the podiatry clinic, are you not able to cut your own nails or do you have diabetic complications

I went to a podiatrist as I have had a fungal infection in a big toe nail forever and it had split so I was unsure what to do with it and also because I couldn't bend my knee enough after the knee surgery to trim the nails. I was charges £55 for the treatment.

sorted a mobile chiropodist out i would sooner pay to have them done was not happy with nhs service the only problem i have in my feet is a bit of numbness ive been waiting nearly 10weeks for my nhs appointment my toenails are like fangs .thanks for all youre advice

sorted a mobile chiropodist out i would sooner pay to have them done was not happy with nhs service the only problem i have in my feet is a bit of numbness ive been waiting nearly 10weeks for my nhs appointment my toenails are like fangs .thanks for all youre advice
Hopefully your money will be well spent, I did feel it was worth it.

I want a mobile one but can't find one. They most likely don't need to advertise! The only friends we have who have one, don't live in the same county let alone town!

I want a mobile one but can't find one. They most likely don't need to advertise! The only friends we have who have one, don't live in the same county let alone town!
There is somebody in Coventry who does a mobile service I can look out for you if you are interested.

There is somebody in Coventry who does a mobile service I can look out for you if you are interested.
Yes please - it would be worth me ringing them at the very least! Neither of us bends enough these days, as well as both having certain probs with feet/toenails! Out friends in Burbage have a good one who does both of theirs every month - whereas I've always been used to cutting a bit off virtually every week after bathing/showering - cannot stand one of them catching on the duvet cover .... sets my teeth on edge.

Yes please - it would be worth me ringing them at the very least! Neither of us bends enough these days, as well as both having certain probs with feet/toenails! Out friends in Burbage have a good one who does both of theirs every month - whereas I've always been used to cutting a bit off virtually every week after bathing/showering - cannot stand one of them catching on the duvet cover .... sets my teeth on edge.
Warwickshire Mobile foot care clinic Contact Christine 0781 4594854 or 02476343885
E-mail christine@mobilefootcare.co.uk
She covers pretty well all of Warwickshire.

In Cornwall, I haven't seen a podiatrist for nearly 3 years even though I am high risk. According to my diabetes nurse, its finished in Cornwall !!!!!!

Wonder if it's Christine that our friends - in Burbage - see? I've messaged her anyway.

had my nails done at nhs podiatry clinic had what i thought was a corn on top off my top pointed that out to her she didnt seem really interested its still there & sore after 6 weeks .cant say i was happy with the service .do you have to go the clinic or can you get youre own chiropodist as i have been recommened a mobile one thanks
I had to get a private Chiropodist as I was told that I didn't qualify for an NHS one. I found it so hard to cut my toe nails properly. My big toe nails were starting to in-grow. But I would much prefer to see a Podiatrist as they are better qualified at examining your feet.

Plus I was about to say if you're classed as having one or both high risk feet, you'd be referred to the high risk clinic at UHCW - accessed via the Wisdem clinic entrance. It's just the routine podiatry clinic where they always say they want to see you again in 6 weeks but you can never get another appt that quick because the are that busy, and that was before the pandemic - I went for a couple of years approx 3x oer annum but ALWAYS got soundly criticised for cutting my own nails in between. What? You mean I have to go barefoot when you can't do it, owing to my not being able to wear either shoes or even open toe sandals due to the length of the nails? No way will I do sandals even, unless it's red hot weather!

A couple of times a day I make sure I can still reach my feet, toes and turn my feet over to look at the soles - it might seem like overkill to do it so often, but it does seem to be easier and easier done that often, less frequently and I noticed it becoming more difficult.

A couple of times a day I make sure I can still reach my feet, toes and turn my feet over to look at the soles - it might seem like overkill to do it so often, but it does seem to be easier and easier done that often, less frequently and I noticed it becoming more difficult.
It was never a problem until I wasn't able to bend my knee for 2 months because of my stupid accident and knee surgery.

I had to get a private Chiropodist as I was told that I didn't qualify for an NHS one. I found it so hard to cut my toe nails properly. My big toe nails were starting to in-grow. But I would much prefer to see a Podiatrist as they are better qualified at examining your feet.
They are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back