Chinese take away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodgearing

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Really fancy Chinese tonight been on this low everything regime for almost 4 months.
Whats a good meal to go for.
I realise no Sweet and sour and go for steamed rice any other suggestions?
Please I am starving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicken yuk sung, and the inside of a large spring roll would be my go to. My favourite was always the chicken and sweetcorn soup, looks fairy blood sugar friendly but I have no clue what they put in it that sends me sky high!

I must admit Indian food is a lot easier to choose suitable dishes. Chineese tends to have sauces which are high carb and of course rice and noodles both high carb.
Stir fry or things like satay chicken, crispy duck.
Egg fried rice is probably a better choice as it has some fat and protein if you have rice.

Last edited:
From the Indian I have an omelette, a medium curry sauce and I cook my own chicken breast.

When I have Chinese food I make my own and avoid putting sugar and corn flour in the sauces/marinades.

When out I've had things like chicken and almonds without any issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicken or Char Sui with ginger and spring onion and a side order of stir fried veg.
As mentioned, fried rice would be better than steamed for your diabetes because the fat slows the release of glucose from the rice itself, so unless you have a lot of weight to lose and fried is your preference then go for the fried but just a couple of dessert spoons is all I would have of either.
Chicken egg foo young with stir fry veggies is another option.... essentially an omelette but whatever you get, order a veg dish to go with it to bulk it out and go very easy on any rice or noodles.

Am pretty lucky with ethnic foods, currys are not a problem except avoid rice at all costs and the sweet ones like dansak, although I have not been brave enough to test a dansak yet, Can even have popadoms but no nan bread. Use cauliflower rice if having a takeaway. Chineese food is also a success bar the obvious sweet and sours. Egg foo yung is great, any meats with vegies, even prawn crackers but no rice, pancake rolls, spring rolls or noodles, if out will ask for stir fry bean sprouts to have as my rice substitute, otherwise cauli rice if at home. Love chicken and sweetcorn soup but not brave enough to try yet as thickened with cornflour, still experimenting! With me a lager beer helps before eating, it seems to crash my readings for some reason leaving more headroom, probably interferes with liver in some way briefly, someone told me liver can't multitask well and races to deal with alcohol first taking its eye off the blood sugars.

I tend to opt for things like something in green pepper and black bean sauce, chicken and cashew nuts, char sui or something mixed-veg.

Depends on your local chefs and how much cornflour they use in their sauces I guess?

A single portion of rice from our local is often enough to feed an army!

And I have to be careful with the prawn crackers if the order is enough to come with a free bag.

Hope you enjoy it @Rodgearing

Use it as an experiment - if your metabolism copes OK, you may be able to use it as an occasional treat without BG guilt

You guys are lucky.... My liver is the only part of me that can multitask (I'm not a real woman apparently 🙄 ) I do however keep testing it in the hope that eventually it will chill and just deal with the alcohol.
Cheers from me too! :D

Hi , well today I feel much better than over the last few days.I have not altered by diet but as suggested I take my 1 Metformin pill with the evening meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back