Chinese for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.

mum2westiesGill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My hubby has just called me to say he's picking us up a chinese for tea - he's got me a chicken fried rice

Enjoy Gill!

I can never manage a whole fried rice portion from our chinese - somehow they seem to be able to cram in double the amount of rice that you would thunk would fit in the container!

I had a Chinese tonight. Chicken yuk sung. It’s about the friendliest of all the takeaway options on my BG that I have managed to find. Its actually suppose to be a starter for 2 people but I have it all to myself. However my mouth is currently as dry as the bottom of a budgie cage so pretty sure they were generous with the salt !

I love yuk shung! Never fathomed whether it's more to do with my love of iceberg lettuce or the filling !

I had a Chinese tonight. Chicken yuk sung. It’s about the friendliest of all the takeaway options on my BG that I have managed to find. Its actually suppose to be a starter for 2 people but I have it all to myself. However my mouth is currently as dry as the bottom of a budgie cage so pretty sure they were generous with the salt !
Thanks for the suggestion recommendation Emma (and trophywench) I hadn't heard of that dish or tried it before but will be doing so now. I usually have stir fried veg with a little bit of Ian's char sui with ginger and spring onion and a couple of dessert spoons of rice.

Hope you enjoyed your meal Gill You couldn't tempt me with all that rice even if I wasn't low carb. Noodles would be my preference over rice.

It’s lovely, you can usually get chicken or beef, sometimes pork… and you roll it up in the lettuce leaves. It comes with what looks like shredded prawn crackers but I don’t eat those. Looks something like this

Attachments

• 89C50196-0D19-4A78-8520-6811B592F7A5.jpeg
    89C50196-0D19-4A78-8520-6811B592F7A5.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 5
Thanks Emma. Looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back