Chiipy Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silkman_Bob

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
After the week from hell, I fancy a treat tonight - but obviously within the rules!

Im guessing takeout curry is a no go as is maccy ds (not really like them anyway), but how about chippy chips - bit on the fatty side yes but am I ok sugar wise? (on metformin only)

Maybe I am taking my treat thoughts a bit far?

Lots of carbs in chips Bob! The fat does slow the digestion though, but not ideal if you're worried about calories at all. I tend to eat oven chips myself as they are less fatty and not cooked in the saturated fats you get in a lot of chip shops.

take it carbs = bad - sorry to sound thick but i have loads of bread potatos etc

oven chips it is then 🙂

take it carbs = bad - sorry to sound thick but i have loads of bread potatos etc

oven chips it is then 🙂

Carbs get turned into glucose, so it's carbs that push your sugar levels up.

Personally I would choose a curry over chips any day - at least curry isn't deep fat fried! But homemade curry is MUCH more tastey and MUCH more healthy!

I have just read the other thread on carbs and \i am a bit shocked as the Dietician also said to me that bread potatoes rice etc were fine and not to worry about these!

Wow - thats put a dampener on things! 🙂

You can still have carbs - just not huge amounts!🙂

Chippy chips are lethal for fat. Like Katie says - a curry is ok - still a bit fatty - but you could always make one yourself. Instead of using cream in curries like Korma - try using plain yoghurt - better for you and tastes good.
Hope you enjoy your treat - whatever it is!🙂Bev

p.s. Chicken tikka is a very healthy option too - with plain boiled rice.

It is frightening what we hear some dieticians tell us all!

Listen to the girls here they make sense, me right now would luv some chippy chips and curry, it is frydee after all😉 But be strong and resist and ignore me🙄!!

Good luck on that front.

Rossi

The rest of my family have sausage egg and chips for tea. I'm sitting here sniffing the air for my grease fix.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back