chemotherapy and waking blood sugar levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbs42

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Elevated levels are to be expected during certain stages of chemotherapy treatment. My waking level is around 15mmol/L which I believe is within the expected range. At what level should i consider further meds or caution?

I will go for a moderate pace 2 hr bike ride after breakfast. According to Garmin this will burn up to 1500 Cals. I do this 2, perhaps 3 times, per week. I do not have any concerns about that but am I being mindlessly gungho?

A BG of 15 is considered a danger threshold with a number of complications, but having had chemo treatment some years ago, the steroids regularly lifted my levels into the high 20s for a couple of days on each cycle. I was the only person worried about it!

I think you'll just have to try the bike and see what effect it has, but it won't do any harm, so enjoy it anyway.

Good luck

A BG of 15 is considered a danger threshold with a number of complications, but having had chemo treatment some years ago, the steroids regularly lifted my levels into the high 20s for a couple of days on each cycle. I was the only person worried about it!

I think you'll just have to try the bike and see what effect it has, but it won't do any harm, so enjoy it anyway.

Good luck
Barrym, Thanks for this pragmatic, helpful comment. I do trust my ability to read my body and luckily have some v g cycling territory nearby - Wimbledon Common, Richmond and Bushey Parks and the towpath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back