Check up - 8 months post diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahb83

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So…..as most people will be well aware I’ve struggled with my mental health since I was diagnosed back in September 2021. I had a check up with my diabetic nurse yesterday the first question was you look amazing Sarah but how do you feel - the answer was well psychically I feel great but I didn’t think I felt bad before but actually I must have been because I feel so much better now. Then I sat in silence for a moment just taking in what I’d just said that was quite a realisation. So one of the things that has been constantly playing on my mind is because at diagnosis my numbers were bad (hba1c89) how much damage have I done to myself just how long have I been diabetic etc for my numbers to be so shockingly high I was assuming I must have been this way for quite some time, I knew I wasn’t back in 2011 when I was pregnant with my youngest child age 28 but Michelle actually pulled up a chart to show me which was full of results so I’ve had way more checks than I even knew about over the years all of which have been in the low 30’s last one was jan 2018 so it’s between then and September 2021 that this has happened. I feel slightly relieved that at most it’s been 3 years without knowing and as soon as I’ve found out I’ve overhauled my life and made the right changes. So 8 months in 5st lighter, hba1c from 89 to 38 and starting to feel a bit calmer about everything now x

A big well done to you xx

Great Job Sarah! That's the spirit!

Well Done!

Wow what a fantastic result, well done. So pleased you are feeling so much better in yourself.

You are inspiring! It sounds like your nurse was listening to your concerns too. Fantastic results - well done

So…..as most people will be well aware I’ve struggled with my mental health since I was diagnosed back in September 2021. I had a check up with my diabetic nurse yesterday the first question was you look amazing Sarah but how do you feel - the answer was well psychically I feel great but I didn’t think I felt bad before but actually I must have been because I feel so much better now. Then I sat in silence for a moment just taking in what I’d just said that was quite a realisation. So one of the things that has been constantly playing on my mind is because at diagnosis my numbers were bad (hba1c89) how much damage have I done to myself just how long have I been diabetic etc for my numbers to be so shockingly high I was assuming I must have been this way for quite some time, I knew I wasn’t back in 2011 when I was pregnant with my youngest child age 28 but Michelle actually pulled up a chart to show me which was full of results so I’ve had way more checks than I even knew about over the years all of which have been in the low 30’s last one was jan 2018 so it’s between then and September 2021 that this has happened. I feel slightly relieved that at most it’s been 3 years without knowing and as soon as I’ve found out I’ve overhauled my life and made the right changes. So 8 months in 5st lighter, hba1c from 89 to 38 and starting to feel a bit calmer about everything now x
Wow amazing can I ask if you used any medication and if so for how long ?

Well done!

You've done so well, I hope you're proud of the progress you've made. Excellent stuff!

Lovely news @sarahb83

And great that you have the reassurance of those previous checks.

Congratulations on your weight loss, and so pleased that you are feeling so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back