cheapest strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaLQ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I'm using a One Touch meter and strips - I'm sure I've asked before but just to confirm - are there any cheaper meters and strips out there or should I consider the urine test strips instead? Thing is, although I have days like today where I could pee for England in the next Olympics, I'm guessing you cant pee two hours post meal or if you have no wee then perhaps that's not a reliable method?

I cant afford to keep paying for these strips, I have ?9 in my bank account til late next week and test strips are ?13 at the cheapest, and even when I get paid - with 5 kids it's a cost I could do without! 🙄

You could trawl around the webfor more free meters - they usually come with a few free strips. I guess the urine ones would be OK for estimating your waking levels. Sorry Lisa, not much help :(

No worries, the wee strips might be good for mornings then, or as spares if I'm skint again. That's a good idea - thanks Northerner!

On a side note, I'm applying for a college course, and it says "do you have any disabilities that we cant see, such as diabetes?". I wouldn't say it was a disability...not sure why I'd have to disclose it (but I have).

Most of us don't think of it as a disability, unless maybe if you have some complications to deal with, although it is classified as a disability. As a diet-controlled diabetic I don't think there is anything likely to befall you that wouldn't befall anyone else, unless you ate a bag of sugar or something! They usually ask in case there are any special arrangements they need to make for you.

Mmm bag of sugar *does excellent Homer Simpson impression* 😛

Thank you - yes that'll come in very handy! :D

I'm a complete numpty - does anyone have the link for those cheapo urine test strips that you can cut in half...? I've mislayed it somewhere (along with my brain).

Have you tred places like amazon and ebay for cheap test strips? Got any cut price chemists near you that may have them cheaper?

I don't see diabetes as a disability, but it entitles me to a little more sick leave at work if I need it, and if I start feeling cold in storage areas I can pop back to the office to get warm or go and get a cuppa and not get in trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back