Cheap Test Strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukjohn

Much Missed Member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Wondered if this was any good for those type 2s that have to buy test strips.

Go to www.pharmacylink.co.uk

In the search box on top left type in.. GlucoRx test strips.

there you will find a GlocoRx BG meter @ ?4.79
and also 50 GlocoRx test strips @ ?9.65

I have never used them but came across the site and thought it might be of use to some people..

John

Thanks for that. I've been able to get mine on prescription so far but I'll save that site just in case. Their prices are good.

Thanks for that. I've been able to get mine on prescription so far but I'll save that site just in case. Their prices are good.

Your welcome...

Being on MDI, I have no problem in getting test strips, but I know there are many on here that have to buy them, so thought this might help.

I can't imagine they are any better or worse than the more expensive ones as they must have to adhere to certain standards of accuracy, so sounds like a very good buy! Thanks John 🙂

Hi John,

Thanks for this. They do seem a good price!

I always worry about things like this ever since I saw the Watchdog programme about buying needles from certain sites over the internet (saw that before I joined this site so have no idea whether it was discussed at the time - about 4 or 5 months ago I think), how come they're so cheap in comparison? However, I am very tempted to buy because my GP wont prescribe the strips and they're so expensive. I suppose I could order them now while I've still got strips for my other meter and test with both to see if the readings are similar.

I always worry about things like this ever since I saw the Watchdog programme about buying needles from certain sites over the internet (saw that before I joined this site so have no idea whether it was discussed at the time - about 4 or 5 months ago I think), how come they're so cheap in comparison? However, I am very tempted to buy because my GP wont prescribe the strips and they're so expensive. I suppose I could order them now while I've still got strips for my other meter and test with both to see if the readings are similar.

Klocky. This site is a Pharmacy offering a prescription service and an online doctor. As I stated, I have not used them, but I would feel safer using them than buying from an unknown supplier on ebay.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back