Cheap Freedom Lite Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukjeff27

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
While surfing for bargains i came across hotukdeals.com (great site) on there found Freedom Lite monitors were on special offer in Asda down to ?4 yes FOUR POUNDS!
Today Mrs Ukjeff27 told me she was going to Asda in Chandlers Ford (near Southampton), so i decided to tag along, imagine my surprise when i saw the monitors were even further reduced to TWO POUNDS! and they had quite a few left, ideal as a main monitor as i can vouch, I also bought another one as a spare!:D

Bargain Jeff! If only the strips were cheap too! Do you get some strips with the meter? I was reading today that strips, despite their sophistication, cost 12 cents each to manufacture. Add in marketing, research and packaging etc. and you still get an enormous profit margin!😱

My old doctor gave me one when I was diagnosed... Free. I swear by it though, does the job well for me and the kit fits into my coat pocket or handbag easily. Just as well, my nearest Asda is in Elgin.

Last edited:
10 strips and 10 lancets, meter and bag AND a free dvd but dont you get strips on prescription?:confused:

10 strips and 10 lancets, meter and bag AND a free dvd but dont you get strips on prescription?:confused:

I do, but for those who don't it'scheaper to buy 5 meters at ?2 with 50 strips thrown in than a box of 50 strips for ?15-?25!😱

i think when you buy most machines (or get sent one by the company) they only come with 10 strips...? that's been my experience anyway. so great as a spare, but 10 strips would last me about 2 days, 3 days max at a very big push!

Wow that's a good deal!! Even better than eBay !!

Thanks for the info.

xx

i have notice while reading the posts that a lot of you {type 2} buy your strips for the blood testing machine
i have never had to buy strips and have never had then limited either
i was wondering if it a postcode lottery thing i live in scotland near glasgow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back