Chasing unicorns and increasing time in range

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelshane

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I just wanted to share an update with the community. There have been lots of positive advice and just knowing that many people are experiencing very similar issues, it is great to know there isn’t a one size fits all approach….that I don’t know about. It’s trial and error. Fall over and get back up again. We fight this disease day in day out, night after night. I wished I could honestly pin down what works for me and what doesn’t. However, after a week off work with cellulitis in my eye/ eye lid, I think the lack of cortisol stress has made a huge impact in my diabetes management. 1 day this week I achieved a 96% in target. I was so happy and it brought it home to me that it IS achievable! It IS possible. I think I do need to focus on a day at a time. Consider all contributing factors to what my current blood sugar is when I read it- what I’ve been up to the last hour or two, what I will eat in the next hour or two, and what activity I’m expecting to do in the next 3-4 hours. I just want to smooth the lines and slowly lower my HbA1C.
Let’s keep this positivity going and celebrate the good days, and humour the bad. Each day is a new chance for change!!!

Attachments

• 2957D858-95C6-4217-9F58-1BE0CC3C4DFD.jpeg
    2957D858-95C6-4217-9F58-1BE0CC3C4DFD.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi.

Delighted to see that you are having more success with stabilizing your levels. WooHoo!! 96% TIR.... Just about got a lasso round that unicorn's neck! Go girl!
You do have to be a bit careful about chasing the ideal though.... Libre can do that to you and sometimes I find I need a break from it to reset my perspective and when I come back to it after a week or two I feel more appreciative of it and more motivated. I can certainly end up chasing the dragon's (or unicorn's) tail if I try too hard with Libre, so as with anything diabetes related, you have to find the balance of what is a reasonable expectation to fit in with your life. Sometimes just standing next to the fence admiring that unicorn is enough without needing to capture it. XX

Woo hoo!! Well done on all the effort you’ve been putting in, and the brilliant results you’ve been seeing @rachelshane

1666510799915.gif

All those strategies and skills you are learning will really help on your wobblier days too. So good to have these near-perfect days to look back on to know that it can be done, especially when diabetes changes the rules and we have to go through the process of rebalancing things. You know that you can do it, so when it doesn’t happen it’s not necessarily your ’fault’ - it can simply be your diabetes being annoying at the moment.

It’s great to recognise your successes - with that TIR you’ve definitely earned it 🙂

This isn’t in the same league really, as having a hybrid closed loop pump is massively cheating, but I’m pretty pleased with this week’s efforts. Even managed to match your 95% one day 🙂

1666512848404.jpeg

Well done, beats my recorded max of 94%, but yesterday is was 59% - it can change very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back