Changing to 2ce daily Levimir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzzie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My Levimir isn't lasting for 24 hours and have seen quite a lot of people suggesting 12-hourly dosing on here, lately.

Please would someone remind me how to go about making the change from 24 hours to 12-hourly? How can I work out an appropriate amount (a link will do: I'm sure it was talked about not long ago, but can't find it)?

Thanks Lizzie

Hi Lizzie

This is the advice I was given when I split my lantus into 2 injections. Must stress of course I am not giving you advice, just passing on my experience.

I basically took half my lantus at my usual time (10amish) and did the next one (the other half) at 10pm. As I have issue with nighttime hypos, I now take 13u in the am and 12u in the pm.

Hi Lizzzie, I did it a while ago, and found it gives me better control to have 2 injections. I did the change by just taking half at your normal time, then the other half 12 hours later. I tweaked it every few days and ended up taking 70% at night and 30% in the morning, but everyone is different. But for the first few days make sure you carry lots of glucose and snacks with you, as I did have lots of hypos in the changeover period.

Good luck!

As you say Pigeon, we are all different. I currently take 6?0 in the morning and 4?5 at night which is about 60/40 the opposite way to you! There's nothing simple or written in stone about this game is there? 🙄

Mines split 50/50 (roughly) Levemir at 7am and about 7:30 pm. I believe Levemir peaks at about 9 hours, so I would guess you should try and time that peak to your main meal (anyone else got thoughts on that). I tailor my evening injection to the fasting morning reading and the morning one to the pre evening meal reading. If that helps, like most of this stuff it's suck it and see.

My split dose was helpful.

Similar to others, it wasn't a 50/50 split.

Try start with a 50/50 split, wrk out when u peak and then adjust.

Thanks folks, for your 'not advice': much appreciated.

50/50 start it is then.

Fun n frolics

Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back