changing from novorapid to humalog insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am thinking about changing my insulin from novorapid to humalog for the simple reason that i sometime can't remember if i have done my injection or not and if i was using humalog then i could have a pen called the humapen memoir which has a memory of the last 16 injections you gave and this would solve that problem. I would like to know if any one has changed from novorapid to humalog and if they have had any problems in doing so. I am also considering trying a pump for a trial period i have my meeting with my dsn soon and may enquire about that as well

i havent changed but i have a system i used to use to remember if i had had my injection or not. i used 3 little sticky tabs on my pen and took one off each time i use it, then when id had my lantus i replaced them ready for the next day. it work really well and after a while it became second nature to just notice if i had or not.

i havent changed but i have a system i used to use to remember if i had had my injection or not. i used 3 little sticky tabs on my pen and took one off each time i use it, then when id had my lantus i replaced them ready for the next day. it work really well and after a while it became second nature to just notice if i had or not.

that's genius!

lol ta aymes my dsn thought it was a good idea to

thats a good idea.

I think the rapid acting insulin are pretty similar in action so there shouldn't be a problem with changing. Not sure why novorapid seems to be the favourite to be prescribed though.

Does Novorapid only work in a novopen? Seems a shame to have to change insulins just to get the facilities of a particular pen.

I am thinking about changing my insulin from novorapid to humalog for the simple reason that i sometime can't remember if i have done my injection or not and if i was using humalog then i could have a pen called the humapen memoir which has a memory of the last 16 injections you gave and this would solve that problem. I would like to know if any one has changed from novorapid to humalog and if they have had any problems in doing so. I am also considering trying a pump for a trial period i have my meeting with my dsn soon and may enquire about that as well

Hi steve, I changed from novorapid to humalog last march and the transition was fine, no problems at all 🙂 I just use the normal humalog pen though, but it will be the same insulin inside. Don't you write all your injections, amounts and glucose levels in a book? I write everything down, time, levels, dose etc so i just check my book and i know what ive done and more importantly what i havent🙂 Good luck changing and let us know how it goe's.🙂

I switched from Novorapid to Humalog about a month or so ago with no problems. Took me a while to get used to the new pen, but that was about the worst of it.

Changed from novorapid to humalog 7 years ago - no problems at all, much prefer humalog as it acts quicker, if my blood is a little low, take it after meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back