Changes in weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
I know basals can change with the seasons but can't they also with changes like this where we've gone into warmer weather for nearly a week then drop down to zeros and snow flurry's over night?

Under normal circs I'd say 'takes a day or three' however, I've been high all day and only got into single figures again about 11pm. Your guess is as good as mine what the answer is!

Under normal circs I'd say 'takes a day or three' however, I've been high all day and only got into single figures again about 11pm. Your guess is as good as mine what the answer is!
Thanks Jen, well I'm sure I drop when it gets cold and rise when it gets warm. I noticed things where a tad lower on Wednesday and yesterday afternoon even lower the after dinner I was heading for a hypo rather quickly sat down doing nothing. I ended up having a units worth of carbs to stave it off.

I had to lower basal when the warmer spring weather arrived, and I've put it back up again this last week. In my case, though, I think it has a lot to do with my exercise levels, I do more gardening and walking in warmer weather, and the knock on effect seems to affect the whole 24 hours, not just the period when I'm exercising.

I had to lower basal when the warmer spring weather arrived, and I've put it back up again this last week. In my case, though, I think it has a lot to do with my exercise levels, I do more gardening and walking in warmer weather, and the knock on effect seems to affect the whole 24 hours, not just the period when I'm exercising.
Yup I find it difficult as the morning I can be every active then do absolutely nothing for the afternoon if I'm then sat at my desk doing paperwork. I can knock my basal down but then it can be 2 or 3 days before I need to put it back up if I've not been doing anything. I'm feeling like I'd be better off with a pump.

Basal needs change with so many different factors, and the temp is definitely one other. Just working out how much to change takes a bit of time, and then once you have it sorted, ….

Just keep juggling @gillrogers and do the best you can.

Basal needs change with so many different factors, and the temp is definitely one other. Just working out how much to change takes a bit of time, and then once you have it sorted, ….

Just keep juggling @gillrogers and do the best you can.
Thanks for that, I thought it might be the case. We've jump down over 10 degrees which is alot. Still wondering now if it was a basal change I need and not a mealtime ratio . I've dropped my basal by one this morning so I've gone up this morning but down again this afternoon so not entirely sure it's a basal change now. Waiting for my dN to get back to me.

Well any exercise both can and will affect BG for approx 48 hours.

Well any exercise both can and will affect BG for approx 48 hours.
Aha right so it's not just me being differant as usual. Thanks for that Jenny.

Hi @gillrogers I have just spotted that you are using Lyumjev.
How do you find it? Is it really a lot quicker in getting started?

Hi @gillrogers I have just spotted that you are using Lyumjev.
How do you find it? Is it really a lot quicker in getting started?
Yes much so. If I'm not doing much then I'll need to prebolus 4 mins which is doable. If I've been active then I'll give it half way through my meal or just after.

More seasonal than owt else, going from one day of sunshine to cold day doesn't seem to have any effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back