Changes in Epigenetic DNA Functions Links Diabetes Predisposition to Alzheimer?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Diabetes and dementia are rising dramatically in the United States and worldwide. In the last few years, epidemiological data has accrued showing that older people with diabetes are significantly more likely to develop cognitive deterioration and increased susceptibility to onset of dementia related to Alzheimer's disease. Now, a research team led by Giulio Maria Pasinetti, MD, PhD, the Saunders Family Chair and Professor of Neurology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, discovered a novel mechanism through which this may occur. The results are published online Oct. 23, in the journal Diabetes.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/10/131023100953.htm

I thought you reported this before , cos I feel sure I responded with the comment

'Gee - thanks for that, Alan' LOL

I thought you reported this before , cos I feel sure I responded with the comment

'Gee - thanks for that, Alan' LOL

I was sure I'd posted before too, but saw that the publication of the results was yesterday. Probably a different group replicating the same research 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back