Changed my cannula site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I finally plucked up courage to change my cannula site from my stomach to my thighs. I don't know why I felt uneasy about this, other than I have only had cannulas in my stomach before, although used my thighs on MDI! Anyway, all is fine and actually I think it is more comfortable there....and I'm giving my stomach a rest. Only downside is it is trickier to check my cannula/site......have to drop my trousers to check! 🙂

I finally plucked up courage to change my cannula site from my stomach to my thighs. I don't know why I felt uneasy about this, other than I have only had cannulas in my stomach before, although used my thighs on MDI! Anyway, all is fine and actually I think it is more comfortable there....and I'm giving my stomach a rest. Only downside is it is trickier to check my cannula/site......have to drop my trousers to check! 🙂

Lol I had the problem of my pump having a hissy fit in Boots one day. It decided to tell me it's battery was flat. Which meant having to disconect and reprime the ruddy thing.
Nice peeps in boots gave me a little room to sort everything out 😱

The only downside of thigh sites is if I'm not careful i rip the thing out pulling trousers down.

I don't notice any difference in absorbtion personally from the thighs. I have overused my stomach- who hasn't! and it's good to be able to give it a rest

The only downside of thigh sites is if I'm not careful i rip the thing out pulling trousers down.

I don't notice any difference in absorbtion personally from the thighs. I have overused my stomach- who hasn't! and it's good to be able to give it a rest

....happened to me earlier.....blood pouring out!...that will teach me not to put a loop in! Absorbtion seems to be the same though and I don't feel the tenderness I was getting in my stomach. 🙂

The wonders of a well placed piece of tape 😉

I too have recently started using my thighs after posts on here. Thanks everyone. Don't know why didn't use them before.

I now rotate anticlockwise round my body ie left stomach, left thigh, left hip, left buttock, right buttock, right hip, right thigh, right stomach....

After reading this yesterday I have gone for the thigh today!

I have my 20 week ultrasound scan later on so thought I should leave the belly area clear.

So far so good and I think it does feel more comfortable down there. My handbag was banging against it on my walk to work but that is a minor technicality.

Thanks for the inspiration to move it!

I've actually found it better in my thigh, absorbtion (always my biggest problem) seems soooooo much better! 🙂 No pain or tenderness either, I'm going to give my stomach a really good rest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back