Changed from accu chek to medtronic

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfree

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A couple of weeks ago I changed over from accu chek insight to medtronic 640. Sensors can be used to stop going hypo. However they are very expensive but useful for holidays etc. The 640 is a really great pump. I have to fill cartridges again, but it easy enough. Medtronic have many different infusion sets where accu chek had only 1 for the insight. I have definitely made the right move, even though I was very sceptical about it. I really love it. However Medtronic's customer care service is not a patch on accu chek. They really need to train their customer service people better.

I swapped frpm the Combi to the Medtronic 640G last October, due to the ability to use the sensors with the pump.

As to Medtronic Customer services does leave a lot to be desired indeed.

Nothing is Straightforward with Medtronic I've found

I joined the UPS choice so I'm supposed to be able to not only track my parcel, but change the delivery address if needed... What Medtronic don't seemed to understand, that to track your parcel, you have to have a tracking number, which they need to supply to you, And checking your order history, Complete means that they've passed it over to UPS... Not that it's been delivered.

I pre-warn you now, if you want to start using the Sensors, be prepared for a merry go around affair.

First you need to get confirmation from your clinic they happy for you to go ahead with sensors, email/letter etc.
Then you have to download the VAT exemption form, and fill out the application email this all to their Fund management, who take a week to update your account.
Then finally you can order the Start Kit,

If you contact your rep, they can often get you a discount code to get a reduction in price.

If you then choose either the packages they do, to reduce the cost of sensors, there's the full time use, or intermittent use. You can't set this up with customer services you have to fill out the forms, send off to the Fund management team, who will take up to a week to update your account, they will then send you the discount code. Then you phone to order and pay, using the code

Be aware though, you can set up the automatic delivery as you can with the pump consumables, but have to phone every time with said code.

It would be the same with other pumps ? Its like that when you are new. I have 3 mob nos & email nos of excellent Medtronic staff, good luck 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back