Change to BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

kojack

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Does the changing of the clocks by 1 hour have any effect on your regimes?
(Either in March or October)

You know, I don't think it even registered with me back in the autumn when I suppose my lantus had to last an extra hour - now you've got me thinking, am I going to have too much lantus in me for an hour? I don't think the effect will be significant and would probably be hidden amongst the usual day-to-day fluctuations in BG levels.

Of course I have no real experience of this as I've only been diagnosed for 10 months, so will monitor carefully!

Actually, have just thought that maybe having to change all my appliances - clocks, microwaves etc. will raise my stress levels!

Last edited:
It only really affects my lantus, I usually take it at 10pm so will take it at at 930 tonight then 10pm ( the 'new one') tomorrow.

It puts things out of wack a bit due to being on a pump. But all is ok by the end of the day.

My long acting injection times are always within a range of about 1 hour either way, so clock change time is within those limits. Personally, I find the autumn change easier to remember, because it's KIMM / OMM, and I've been competing or marshalling at all but 2 races since 1999 (one because I was in the Falkland Islands at the time). So, nothing to worry about, really - time change is no different to travelling to most of western mainland Europe.

I didn't really do anything different either. Took my lantus a little later than usual and woke to 4.3 yesterday, 4.3 today!

I better put a disclaimer here to say that you shouldn't change your treatment without consulting your health care team.

I had previously discussed splitting my basal insulin with my nurse as plan B, plan A didn't work that well so I went onto plan B. I do plan on telling my nurse sometime this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back